No announcement yet.

Who punches harder Floyd or JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who punches harder Floyd or JMM

I think Floyd does but interested in opinions ?

I think Marquez. Atleast now.I still don't see how he suddenly got power to knock down Pacquiao twice when before he could only stun him every so often. I'm not accusing him of anything i just find it odd. Maybe it's something on Pacquiao's side.

Comment

I've always felt both was better punchers than given credit for.
      I'd say Floyd when he sits down on his punches.

Comment

Interesting question. I would say Marquez because of the Pacquiao knock out. Mayweather's last legitimate KO was against Hatton. Besides him and Corrales, Mayweather has never knock out a significant opponent, however.

Pacquiao has been hit by big guys like Clottey, Cotto, Margarito and none of them could drop him. Although, this last fight could be that Pacquiao was just worn down after being hit through so many fights but I'm giving Marquez the benefit of the doubt because Pac looked great against Bradley only a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          I think Marquez. Atleast now.I still don't see how he suddenly got power to knock down Pacquiao twice when before he could only stun him every so often. I'm not accusing him of anything i just find it odd. Maybe it's something on Pacquiao's side.
          Uuummm he had more muscle. Which possibly made him more stronger.

Comment

I'd say Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
              Interesting question. I would say Marquez because of the Pacquiao knock out. Mayweather's last legitimate KO was against Hatton. Besides him and Corrales, Mayweather has never knock out a significant opponent, however.

Pacquiao has been hit by big guys like Clottey, Cotto, Margarito and none of them could drop him. Although, this last fight could be that Pacquiao was just worn down after being hit through so many fights but I'm giving Marquez the benefit of the doubt because Pac looked great against Bradley only a few months ago.
              You may not like the way he did Ortiz, but however a KO comes when the fight is going, is a KO whether you like it or not! Now Ortiz weighed 164lbs, and Floyd basically blew that boy with one punch! I think both Juan and Floyd's power increased! But I still feel Juan has the more power, and I actually think he could hurt in a Floyd rematch!

Comment

Marquez' KO of Pacquiao was more about timing and set-up than about power. Floyd was rocking Cotto whenever he committed. Set-up or not.

I'm going with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  Marquez' KO of Pacquiao was more about timing and set-up than about power. Floyd was rocking Cotto whenever he committed. Set-up or not.

I'm going with Floyd.
                  Exactly, Cotto was getting hurt late even though he knew what was coming

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Exactly, Cotto was getting hurt late even though he knew what was coming
                    He even buckled him in the third and fourth a few times with uppercuts and then backed off, for whatever bizarre Mayweather reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X