No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman said on commentary......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I can't agree,Dirrell was jumping on the floor holding every chance he got and really overall not engaging..I can't say the same about Khan..
    YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!

Khan was using Headlocks, Pushing and Holding Peterson's head down the ENTIRE FIGHT!

He was far worse then Dirrell! Khan was throwing Flurries I will give him that, even though a lot of them was hitting Arms and Gloves

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
      And the point I was waiting for. The ref never gave khan an official warning. When they were fighting he was shouting in his ear he should have stopped the action and said last warning do it again and I'm taking a point off
      official warning?? i dont get it. u do know u do not have to give those rite? theres no requirement for any official warnings. if ur a fighter, u dont bank on that ****. thats just plain ******ed. khan ****ed up. plain and simple. he has no1 to blame but himself.

Comment

I don't think it's fair on lamont that the ref is being talked about a lot more then him, it's kinda taken the shine away from him. And he does deserve a load of praise!
        It's inevitable really. I mean Peterson wouldn't have won the fight without the point deductions (he'd have lost a unanimous decision) so those calls by the referee were the key part of the fight.

Also on the subject of looking at things from the other perspective, I imagine if Khan had won that fight the way Peterson did (i.e. get knocked down in the first, get hit with more shots and essentially only win because his opponent had points deducted) then Khan wouldn't be getting any praise from anyone. The reaction to fights like this one depend a lot on who the favourite was going in.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          NO! I am saying that fans from the UK was CRYING ABOUT DIRRELL STYLE and calling him a runner but today they are defending all of the BS that Khan was doing during that match

and Dirrell fought a much better fight then Khan did and Dirrell win/robbery was much more CLEAR CUT...Khan was in a CLOSE FIGHT that could have went either way and he did not get the Decision....bottom line is that Khan expected and wanted the ref to save him from fighting inside and that did not happen so he got outworked

Fans who are screaming KHAN WAS ROBBED are the ones looking DUMB...I could careless about either fighter...but I always knew Khan was OVERRATED and would have been exposed by Bradley or Mayweather anyway

bottom line is, UK fans can have it both ways, you can't run around accusing others of being dirty (WARD) and accusing others of "RUNNING" (Dirrell) but when your own fight DIRTY (Froch, Hatton) and when your own RUN (Khan and George Groves against DeGale) then you all want to defend it

the worse kind of fans are the BIAS FANS who can't tell it like it is because of PRIDE!
          Who said I wanted it both ways? You just blatently made yourself sound bitter towards Brits so that clouds your opinion on this fight. I had DIRREL WINNING THE FIGHT AGAINST FROCH HOW MANY MORE TIMES SHALL I TELL YOU THAT? SO INSTEAD I WILL WRITE IT IN CAPITALS HELP YOU TO READ! An I never criticised dirrell, I do believe he could have helped himself by not employing those Tactic when he's the challenger and away.

Comment

Originally posted by blank_frackis View Post
            It's inevitable really. I mean Peterson wouldn't have won the fight without the point deductions (he'd have lost a unanimous decision) so those calls by the referee were the key part of the fight.

Also on the subject of looking at things from the other perspective, I imagine if Khan had won that fight the way Peterson did (i.e. get knocked down in the first, get hit with more shots and essentially only win because his opponent had points deducted) then Khan wouldn't be getting any praise from anyone. The reaction to fights like this one depend a lot on who the favourite was going in.
            Good post!!

Comment

Who said I wanted it both ways? You just blatently made yourself sound bitter towards Brits so that clouds your opinion on this fight. I had DIRREL WINNING THE FIGHT AGAINST FROCH HOW MANY MORE TIMES SHALL I TELL YOU THAT? SO INSTEAD I WILL WRITE IT IN CAPITALS HELP YOU TO READ! An I never criticised dirrell, I do believe he could have helped himself by not employing those Tactic when he's the challenger and away.
              ^Same for Khan Right? Although he wasn't the Challenger he was AWAY...LOL

by the way my post is not really directed at you personally, I am talking/posting more IN GENERAL, I see all over the internet even on this forum talking about "AMERICAN ROBBERY" "American Judges" "American Ref" some even going as far as to make it about Race

It is just IRONIC TO ME though and almost laughable considering basically the same thing happened to Dirrell...IN THE UK!

and No I am not Bitter at Brits, why in the hell would I be, Brits have GREAT and PASSIONATE FANS I am just pointing out what I see

Comment

Some of those pushes were pretty violent lol, he didnīt hear the warnings and got pwned. This is not mma.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Just like some of you have said, for something like that, the ref should have given a hard stern warning that the next time that Khan does that he will be deducted a point.

You know that I have (we all have) seen that even AFTER a hard stern warning the ref usually allows the boxer to do it again but as long as he is not blatantly over doing it.

I would understand if Khan did something that hurt Peterson and looked intentional .... but this was NOT the case.

How can a ref take away a point on a close fight in the 12th round is just crazy nonsensical to me ... (2 points for pushing???)

The way Peterson responded in the interview, even he wasn't able to justify the ref taking a point!!! I agree that with Peterson that Khan holding and pushing him down was way worse .... BUT even there, the ref blamed Peterson on many of those occasions for coming in with his head down so Khan ... plus again, no stern warning against Khan so he did it all night long.

The way the ref was looking at Khan throughout the fight, you just knew something was up.
                  So the rules don't apply in a close fight or at the end of the fight? I couldn't believe that Kahn kept doing it. What was he thinking? Kahn could have taken the ref out of it by not pushing.

Comment

Originally posted by norrin View Post
                    So the rules don't apply in a close fight or at the end of the fight? I couldn't believe that Kahn kept doing it. What was he thinking? Kahn could have taken the ref out of it by not pushing.
                    thats what i dont get. why blame the ref when khan had it well within his power to stop but he didnt. he aint a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                      ^Same for Khan Right? Although he wasn't the Challenger he was AWAY...LOL

by the way my post is not really directed at you personally, I am talking/posting more IN GENERAL, I see all over the internet even on this forum talking about "AMERICAN ROBBERY" "American Judges" "American Ref" some even going as far as to make it about Race

It is just IRONIC TO ME though and almost laughable considering basically the same thing happened to Dirrell...IN THE UK!

and No I am not Bitter at Brits, why in the hell would I be, Brits have GREAT and PASSIONATE FANS I am just pointing out what I see
                      Fair enough but dirrel was challenger and away! Khan was away but was th champ!

Comment

Working...
                      X