Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ali ever hurt in his fight with Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Ali ever hurt in his fight with Foreman?

Just wondering, I never got a clear answer on this. I haven't seen the fight or a documentary on it in quite a while.

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Just wondering, I never got a clear answer on this. I haven't seen the fight or a documentary on it in quite a while.
    i cannot recall him being hurt at any times

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      i cannot recall him being hurt at any times
      Sure I heard somewhere that he pissed blood afterwards..?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        Sure I heard somewhere that he pissed blood afterwards..?
        From body punches but I don't think Ali ever showed signs of being hurt during the fight. Some claim that Ali said he was out on his feet but I've never actually heard him say this and I don't see any point in the fight where he could be.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          In the second and third rounds, Ali was hurt by some hellacious body shots and when you watch the fight you can see him wince. The key to him surviving was he kept telling Foreman that his punches were soft. Foreman in many interviews said how he was deflated throughout the fight when Ali would tell him his punches were doing no damage at all. Ali had the mind and heart of a lion.

Comment

Ali staggered Foreman with a JAB

Comment

He didn't actually ever seem to be seriously in trouble in the fight but I'm sure in Richard Durham's biography Ali said that one particular punch sent him into a bad place. He did take some nasty head punches in that fight.

There is also a round, I forget which...where the bell goes and Foreman lands a body shot a split second afterwards which made Ali really glare as he was lead back to his corner.

Comment

Ali had to cheat to beat a 188 pounder, Henry Cooper...Took smelling salt to revive, what a joke he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Ironfist View Post
                  Ali had to cheat to beat a 188 pounder, Henry Cooper...Took smelling salt to revive, what a joke he was.
                  And that has to do with my topic question how?

I guess I can't complain, I constantly make relevant posts in serious threads.

Comment

In his book(The greatest) Ali said that Foreman hurt him once and knocked him into the half-dream room.

Ali said Foreman hit him with a upper cut that felt like it BLASTED off his jaw.He said this was in the 3rd round.

I watched the 3rd round and saw no where,where Ali appeared hurt.I just watched the entire fight also and saw no where,where Ali apprered hurt.Those body punches would seem to have hurt him though.

Ali said when he got hurt by Foreman that he kept talking to him so that George would not sense he was hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X