No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius, Pulev Jpin Povetkin in The Klitschko Hunt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Helenius, Pulev Jpin Povetkin in The Klitschko Hunt

Exciting news for Robert Helenius (18-0, 11 KOs) and Kubrat Pulev (17-0, 9 KOs). Both top heavyweight contenders currently hold the number one spot in their respective rankings.

After beating former world champions Lamon Brewster, Samuel Peter and Siarhei Liakhovich, the WBO (World Boxing Organization) already instated Helenius as their number one fighter back in September of last year. However, after the fight for the European Championship against Dereck Chisora in December 2011, the Finn had to take a longer break due to a serious shoulder injury. On November 10, Helenius gave his successful comeback in Helsinki. After ten rounds, the "Nordic Nightmare" won a unanimous points decision against Sherman "The Tank" Williams - the WBO's previous number ten. In their latest Rankings, 28-year-old Helenius is back as the number one ranked boxer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Povetkin and Helenius would be fairly easy, while Pulev would be a tricky opponent for Wladimir and give him a real fight.

Any of those three would be good, but I'd choose Povetkin if he's willing.

Comment

Robert "Hulkamania" Helenius. Skullet power. Him and the Hulkster circa 1990.

Comment

no way Povetkin even gives him a challenge; and I coubt Helenius does either. Pulev is the wild card imo.
        regardless, I'd like to see Wladimir take on these opponents after a year filled with Mormeck, Thompson II and Wach

Comment

also, Id like to see wlad fight at least 3x a year, as he has enough talent in a very weak division to give Joe Louis records a run. He's already more than halfway there (13 title defenses). If he gets 3 defenses a year for the next few years h'ell be at around 20 defenses before he turns 40. and with the way the rankings are (WBA has Luis Ortiz at #2 and Fres Oquendo at 6.lol) he can get 1-2 easy defenses per yr in addition to his mandatories

Comment

Pulev is a top contender. Probably has no chance, but he's a good fighter.

Helenius and Povetkin are jokes. Both should have losses. Povetkin should carry on with the WBA regular title, he makes it irrelevant

Comment

There's no way Helenius wants a piece of Wladimir or Vitali; likewise Povetkin.

Comment

I will say this, if Wlad fights from here out the way he fought Wach, NO heavyweight is beating him. Wach having an iron inhuman chin is the only reason he survived. Wlad fought better than he has in a long time his last fight and the way he was putting combinations together and using movement, let the rest of the heavyweights line up to get KTFO lol. I hope this is him taking his abilities to the next level and I am wondering if Manny passing really has lit a fire under Wlad's ass. Povetkin gets blasted out and Pulev I do not know enough about really. Helenius is decently skilled but he probably gets KOed too.

Comment

Helenius wouldn't fare any better than Mormeck. The guy's a clown.

Comment

They are all good opponents. Povetkin first,he cannot hide much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X