No announcement yet.

WOW Buffer had the scorecards and told khan he won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    I don't think any genuine boxing fan could honestly state, that either fighter won that fight convincingly. The fanboy's take on the fight is another story.

And that's what makes for a great fight -- But when the loser cries excessively like Khan is doing in this instance, it really diminishes the fight.

It was a fight that either could have won, but it would seem that only Peterson was ready to accept that reality.

no. . . i agree with what bringer said; it wasn't a robbery because Peterson put up such a good fight. . . so it's not really fair to him.. .

but at the same time, it is completely legitimate to question outside factors such as judging and refereeing as biased; in that, the judges gave the close rounds to the hometown fighter who had the fans "cheering". . . i think khan clearly, but CLOSELY won the fight. . . i just can't find 6 rounds to give to peterson. . .

moreover, the chances that a ref would have docked khan points for pushing in a neutral venue are VERY SLIM. . . you heard what smoger said, probably the best in the business. . . i just don't tihnk it's fair when referees get involved in such close fights over such trivial "fouls". . technically it's a foul to clinch. . .

in conclusion, it wasn't a robbery, but khan was not given a fair shake. . .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        They were then taken away from him and changed?

this makes it look more and more like a screw job from the ref to the judges

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...-had-no-choice
        The Judges aren't the ones that beat Khan around the ring and had him running and holding on for dear life.

Comment

if a guy is coming in with his head first........punch it! peterson wasn't headbutting you so you cant complain about a foul that didn't even happen. nothing illegal about making your opponent uncomfortable. get joe cortez to ref all your fights ya little baby or maybe sven ottk's ref who doesn't let his opponents punch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
            moreover, the chances that a ref would have docked khan points for pushing in a neutral venue are VERY SLIM. . . you heard what smoger said, probably the best in the business. . . i just don't tihnk it's fair when referees get involved in such close fights over such trivial "fouls". . technically it's a foul to clinch. . .
            The venue has nothing to do with it. The bottom line here is that pushing an opponet in boxing is illegal, and Khan was warned multiple times by the referee verbally before he took points from him for doing so.

We just don't see many referees in boxing ballsy enough to enforce the rules with as much force as was the case in the Khan/Peterson fight. Typically referees just warn, warn, warn, warn, warn, and never take a point for clinching or pushing.

So we're all "used to" (for lack of a better term) it being "acceptable".

It's not. It's illegal conduct, for which Khan was warned repeatedly, and in spite of which, he continued to do so.

I want more referees like that dude. (I already forget his name.)

Comment

Originally posted by deadlikeme View Post
              the above....

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Landers View Post
                You obviously did. Khan was constantly looking over to the ref when Peterson was coming in with his head. But the ref did nothing. He also failed to warn Peterson for low blows.
                Dude, it's only illegal to come in with your head if you are dropping your head below the waist. Plenty of great fighters use a low-head strategy to get inside: Tyson, Holyfield, Bradley (questionable), Frazier, and even Pryor used the technique. You need to read the rules more. Khan was *****ing about something that wasn't even an issue. Also there was no purposeful low-blows and not enough of them to be an issue. You sound like Amir Khan yourself making **** up.

Comment

Everybody needs to take a solemn, quiet moment to shed a single tear for the injustice done to Amir Khan.

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/tgannon/grfs/CryInd.jpg

Comment

Buffer is a known drunk,who also got Peterson's rec wrong while announcing him...

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                      "Amir Khan says he had to keep pushing Lamont Peterson away because he was constantly being headbutted."

Will someone present some evidence that Peterson headbutted this fool ... Because I didn't see it, and I definitely didn't see Khan complain about it during the fight. And witnessing his b!tch-fest recently, he would have complained about a headbutt if in fact it occurred.

This guy is the ultimate b!tch-as whining punk .

Now he's going to get Buffer involved in his whine\b!tch-fest stating that Buffer told him he won. I also, didn't see Buffer tell him anything post-fight so I guess I missed a lot.
                      Funny thing is, you have been bitc hing about Amir Khan since Peterson.

He doesn't even know you LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X