Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you want Yuriorkis Gamboa move up now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    It's a done deal that he's moving up to 130 for one fight.

He should fight Roman Martinez at 130 in January/February and then fight Rios at 135 in June.

If he were to beat Martinez and Rios, he could still fight Guerrero, Marquez, DeMarco, or Linares at 135, or move up to 140. Gamboa already weighs in at 138-140 on fight night anyway.

I just hope Donaire can move up quickly with success as well. Donaire should fight Arce and either Nishioka or the Ramos-Rigondeaux winner at 122, and than move up to 126. At 126, he could fight Lopez and Garcia, than move up to 130 and 135.
    I don't know what Gamboa tends to weigh the night of a fight. I don't doubt he might weigh as much as 140. Let's say, for the sake of argument, he weighs exactly that. That's fourteen pounds heavier than the featherweight limit. If Yuri starts to compete at lightweight, he'll be much closer to his natural walking around weight than someone like Brandon Rios.

How much does a guy like Rios weigh come fight night? 145 to 150? Can you see Gamboa weighing that much on the night of a fight? Yuri could be outweighed by ten or more pounds in a fight against "Bam Bam". I don't like the way that sounds.

Comment

I think he can have all types of success up to 135 but welterweight like they been saying i think it be pushing it, he does come in fight night weighing almost 140 but It would be Pacquiao Like if he could do something like that and keep all of hes speed and strength intact hes only 5'5

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
        I think he can have all types of success up to 135 but welterweight like they been saying i think it be pushing it, he does come in fight night weighing almost 140 but It would be Pacquiao Like if he could do something like that and keep all of hes speed and strength intact hes only 5'5
        He could hired Ariza....

Comment

he is having trouble making 126 and there is no big money fight at 130 so thats the only choice he has go to 135 make big money and then see where it goes from there

I also think 135 is way too much

Comment

Working...
          X