No announcement yet.

Recommend Me Obscure Bands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Recommend Me Obscure Bands

Most people if they're honest must love it when someone asks you what music you like and you list a bunch of artists they've never heard of and you just know that they are thinking:

"How come I've never heard of those artists? Maybe this guy knows something I don't."

I'm a bit of a music snob I must admit, so I like doing that. Running out of bands though so I need some recommendations.

I'm open minded so I don't care what genre. In fact, the more experimental and "out there" there better. So not that much of a musical snob then.

Hemlock they are a local band in Vegas who have had major league guys open for them before getting big.

Comment

So, you want us to give you names of bands that you can impress your mates with without really listening to the music?

Is that what's going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
        So, you want us to give you names of bands that you can impress your mates with without really listening to the music?

Is that what's going on here?
        I didn't say that did I? Sure I didn't. Oh that's right, I didn't. You assumed that I wouldn't listen to them.

And you assumed wrong
        Last edited by Sane Man; 12-03-2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          Hemlock they are a local band in Vegas who have had major league guys open for them before getting big.

Thanks mate. Good song.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
            Most people if they're honest must love it when someone asks you what music you like and you list a bunch of artists they've never heard of and you just know that they are thinking:

"How come I've never heard of those artists? Maybe this guy knows something I don't."
            Actually when someone doesn't recognize a band I'm into, they just respond by, "oh that's cool, never heard of them?"

Then they go back home and listen to Lady Gaga and forget everything I told them.

Not sure if these bands are really that obscure, but they're not mainstream:

Comment

Here's another one of my favorites:

Someone did a Crow video with one of their songs:

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
                I didn't say that did I? Sure I didn't. Oh that's right, I didn't. You assumed that I wouldn't listen to them.

And you assumed wrong
                I didn't assume anything. That was my ball-busting way of saying that it's more enjoyable to share a record you love with someone and see them get off on it because it's Great music than to tell people to check out 'Abstruse Shuck' by R. Cane & The Anagogic Bum-Fiddlers because it makes you look cool.

When it'd be just as cool to recommend they listen to Elvis Presley, that guy who sold a billion units.

And real snobs namecheck labels and session musicians, anyway.

But, I'd recommend some Gun Club. 'Fire Of Love', 'Miami', 'Death Party'. JLP doesn't get the shine he truly deserves for everything he contributed.

Comment

Try anything non-English. The world is a large place.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                    Actually when someone doesn't recognize a band I'm into, they just respond by, "oh that's cool, never heard of them?"

Then they go back home and listen to Lady Gaga and forget everything I told them.
                    Exactly, lad. Hence my point above (not that listening to GaGa is a bad thing at all).

Comment

Working...
                    X