Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you were never thrilled by Pacman's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you were never thrilled by Pacman's style?

Let me just start off by saying that ive been a hardcore boxing nut for years and years and ive seen it all.. I enjoy and appreciate alot of style, from boxers punchers to pure boxers...

Call me crazy but.... I never was amused by pacman's style and i never thought of him as overly exciting.. I remember being kinda thrilled watching the first barrera fight but after that, he became repetitive.. His offensive aresenal is very limited, his punching form is awkward and ugly, his wild and still amaterish at times... He's not this super exciting fighter like alot of people say he is... At least not to me...

A complete fighter like Marquez and Donaire are about 10x more exciting than some glorified brawler in pac..

ya pacs style is so boring compared too slick american boxers and mexicans

Comment

I was never thrilled about Pac until i saw him against Cotto, But i would see have Nonito Donaire over him any time any day even twice on sunday, When i watch people like Donaire do their thing in the ring it sends shivers down my body, I want to be like them at that point, I have never been moved like that unless i watch pure boxers like a Prime Mayweather, a Prime JMM, a prime Mosley, A prime Ricardo lopez, Nonito donaire etc But i have preference for Pure boxer...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        I was never thrilled about Pac until i saw him against Cotto, But i would see have Nonito Donaire over him any time any day even twice on sunday, When i watch people like Donaire do their thing in the ring it sends shivers down my body, I want to be like them at that point, I have never been moved like that unless i watch pure boxers like a Prime Mayweather, a Prime JMM, a prime Mosley, A prime Ricardo lopez, Nonito donaire etc But i have preference for Pure boxer...
        That's what im sayin bruh.. It's like, when you're watching guys like Marquez and donaire, u know that you're watching sweet science at its finest.. They display very well what boxing is all about but when watching a pacman fight, it's like WTF, he's just wild and has a big heart.. BORINGGG

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Co-sign. .

Comment

I'm just telling it as I see it. Pacman is a very dangerous fighter
            in the sense that he always seem to want to please the crowd
            with his antics. You can rewind your tapes and observe it yourself.
            Not a minute will go by that no action is taking place. He forces
            it even at the expense of being clobbered. In the Clottey fight
            you could see this especially in the later rounds where Clottey
            is being already outpointed in miles. Which might be the reason
            why he's avoiding Marquez (call it ducking if you want). Marquez
            is effective when backing out. Pac can't do the same because
            as I said no action will take place unless Pac initiates it to his
            own peril. He's more worried about being booed than anything
            else.

Comment

I guess you wouldn't be thrilled if pac beats up for favorite boxer or makes mince meat of everyone your fav fighter either ducked or decisioned.

Comment

Originally posted by FINITO View Post
                Let me just start off by saying that ive been a hardcore boxing nut for years and years and ive seen it all.. I enjoy and appreciate alot of style, from boxers punchers to pure boxers...

Call me crazy but.... I never was amused by pacman's style and i never thought of him as overly exciting.. I remember being kinda thrilled watching the first barrera fight but after that, he became repetitive.. His offensive aresenal is very limited, his punching form is awkward and ugly, his wild and still amaterish at times... He's not this super exciting fighter like alot of people say he is... At least not to me...

A complete fighter like Marquez and Donaire are about 10x more exciting than some glorified brawler in pac..
                wow. i respect your opinion but i disagree 1,000%.

Comment

yea...dude is completely boring

Comment

If you don't enjoy Pac then you probably wouldn't enjoy Sugar Ray Robinson either.

Nothing slick about them and both were crowd pleasers.

Everyone has their own preferences though.

I prefer excitement and drama more than technical boxing prowess.

That's not to say I don't appreciate the technical aspect of boxing, but it's not the primary reason I watch Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X