Collapse
No announcement yet.

List fights where people need to stop calling them robberies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I'm a Cotto fan I couldn't believe many claimed he was robbed against Floyd.

(and this is coming from someone who isn't a Floyd fan)

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
      This is the one I was going to mention. I don't think Trinidad won and I admit that the rounds DLH won were the convincing ones, but I also thought Trinidad got several of the close ones early and the championship ones.

I always score that one 114-114.
      I scored it for Oscar but it was a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        Though I'm a Cotto fan I couldn't believe many claimed he was robbed against Floyd.

Do many consider that a robbery?

I haven't seen many at all claim it was a robbery.

Which, it of course wasn't.

Comment

That fight was good and Cotto put on a great effort but Mayweather won. It was close though. I had 115-113 Mayweather but I gave Cotto a close round that could have been for May. Anyway, I think 115-113 or 116-112 Mayweather is the closest you could have it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I scored it for Oscar but it was a close fight.
            Fair enough. The reason why I scored a draw was because I thought Trinidad won rounds 1 and 4, which were close, plus 9 through 12.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Do many consider that a robbery?

I haven't seen many at all claim it was a robbery.

Which, it of course wasn't.
              Tell that to the Cotto-Maniacs literally the day AFTER the fight.

I walked into to work right after the fight and was bombarded with robbery chants. It wasn't until a week later where HBO showed the replay is when reason settled into what was seemingly an obvious victory for Floyd...

Comment

Not even Cotto's grandma was claiming Miguel was robbed, it was a competitive fight but Floyd comfortably won that. I don't think anybody with a half decent understanding of boxing can claim Cotto won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Chris John vs Marquez
                  Felix Sturm vs Matthew Macklin

this guy doesn't agree with you...

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Brickwall, the fight was not difficult for Marquez, he won fairly easily. It was in Indonesia where he got robbed. There's no making a case, or nothing arguable about it.

Comment

I went into the fight rooting for cotto, and still thought Floyd clearly won.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
                      Fair enough. The reason why I scored a draw was because I thought Trinidad won rounds 1 and 4, which were close, plus 9 through 12.
                      Yeah a draw would have been fair.

I wasn't and still aren't mad at all Tito for the decision, could have gone either way.

You're absolutely right. They're were a few close rounds in the first half of the fight that could have been easily scored for Tito and obviously he sweeped 9-12.

Through the years, I always hear "Oscar dominated and sweeped 1-7 so he was robbed" which simply is not true.

Comment

Working...
                      X