Floyd has basically been a world champion for 14 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd has basically been a world champion for 14 years

Has anyone ever been on top that long?

Only places where they're notorious for holding belts hostage like Germany and Thailand. It really is a remarkable accomplishment for an American fighter.

Then at the lowest weights you have so little competition that guys have huge runs there.

Bhop's middleweight run was 10 some years...that was one of the greatest feats in boxing history.

The more I think about it, it really isn't that rare. For American fighters in the more popular divisions though, still a remarkable accomplishment.
    Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 07-18-2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

He's also been in the P4P list consistently since 1998 (Outside of 2008).

That's a accomplishment I'm not sure anyone else has done, off the top of my head.

Comment

When you sit and take a close look at what he has done he is the 1st to do alot of things.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He's also been in the P4P list consistently since 1998 (Outside of 2008).

That's a accomplishment I'm not sure anyone else has done, off the top of my head.
          That would mean he head been on the p4p list through 3 decades

Comment

i dont think floyds acheivements will ever be trully appreciated until he goes....

once he's gone from the sport for good people will start to realise just how remarkable he was (inside the ring)

this the reason why people have stopped comparing him to his peers.... he's now being measured against the ATGs

Comment

more like 10 years, and not one ATG

Comment

other than the "retirement" and the JMM fight. floyd has been a champion since 1998 and since the end of the mosley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
                  more like 10 years, and not one ATG
                  Why do you say 10 years?? go throught the years and he only missed 2008 and 2009 and Oscar,Mosley and Possibly Cotto could be ATG'S

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    other than the "retirement" and the JMM fight. floyd has been a champion since 1998 and since the end of the mosley fight.
                    His only non title fights since 1998 were.Ndou,Jmm,Shamba,Bruseles and Corley,Augustus

Comment

Working...
                    X