Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastrangelo

Maybe he will take that Rigondeaux fight... After all it looks like Top Rank is trying to set it up giving Rigo exposure against opposition that will make him look spectacular. Ok, I will give Donaire benefit of a doubt.

I think that's highly unlikely.
    I think Arce is next because Donaire is in desperate need of a fight where he looks good.
    and he will definitely look good vs arce. Jesus Rojas was whoopin that asss, donaire will destroy him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Who here thought Donaire's last three fights were dangerous?
      thats more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        lol why shouldn't donaire have to be in difficult fights?
        I didn't say he shouldn't have to be in difficult fights, especially when just fighting, itself, is difficult.

He moved up to challenge himself. One thing that has happened immediately is those knockouts where you're thinking "it's just a matter of time" have stopped. In both of his fights at the weight, he has face opponents that took the single shots that completely decimated fighters just four pounds down.

I would have advised him to stay at 118 a couple of more fights to further build your brand instead of constantly weight-hopping and belt chasing.

He has three fighters that are considered tops at 122 but, iirc, he only wants to have two more fights at the weight before testing 126, where his power will be further diminished.

Being 29 with 30 fights makes this almost his prime years. I want him to fight more often so I can see him display his skills more, that also means I can't expect him to fight a world-beater every time out.

Again, maybe that's just me but, as a fan AND a student, I want to see more and, when he does fight those world-beaters, he'll be sharper for it.

I hate fighters fighting once or twice a year.

Comment

thats more like it.
          Are you kidding me? Narvaez was undefeated at the time and was a killer at 115!
          Donaire had a very good chance of losing and I'm very surprised he made it out of that fight alive!

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Are you kidding me? Narvaez was undefeated at the time and was a killer at 115!
            Donaire had a very good chance of losing and I'm very surprised he made it out of that fight alive!
            I almost thought you were serious, but as for Donaire experimenting he damn near could have lost his last fight.

Comment

thats more like it.
              People who don't know much about Narvaez will knock that fight, it is what it is.

Comment

Navarez is a 5ft2" 112lb fighter, lets keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
                  I didn't say he shouldn't have to be in difficult fights, especially when just fighting, itself, is difficult.

He moved up to challenge himself. One thing that has happened immediately is those knockouts where you're thinking "it's just a matter of time" have stopped. In both of his fights at the weight, he has face opponents that took the single shots that completely decimated fighters just four pounds down.

I would have advised him to stay at 118 a couple of more fights to further build your brand instead of constantly weight-hopping and belt chasing.

He has three fighters that are considered tops at 122 but, iirc, he only wants to have two more fights at the weight before testing 126, where his power will be further diminished.

Being 29 with 30 fights makes this almost his prime years. I want him to fight more often so I can see him display his skills more, that also means I can't expect him to fight a world-beater every time out.

Again, maybe that's just me but, as a fan AND a student, I want to see more and, when he does fight those world-beaters, he'll be sharper for it.

I hate fighters fighting once or twice a year.
                  I don't mind Donaire fighting a guy like Mathebula, if only that leads him to being more active. Him leaving 118 probably had to do with him growing out of the division more-so than him looking for better fights. The only relevant opponent he fought at 118 was Montiel (I guess you could count Narvaez too). He could've cleaned out the division, but he moved up instead. It seems like he's gonna do the same thing at 122. Mathebula and Arce are not serious opponents, sure he can use those fights to experiment with his style and see what works and what doesn't, but who really expects them to beat Donaire? Donaire sounded slightly arrogant in the interview, stating that no matter what, he has a guarantee and he'll get paid regardless of the caliber of his opponent. It's the truth, but he seems to relish the position he's in and will use it to his advantage whenever the opportunity arises.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    People who don't know much about Narvaez will knock that fight, it is what it is.
                    I think he's alright, but he was severely outsized against Donaire, one could even say criminally outsized. I knocked Narvaez for his performance, but had he fought any other way, he would have inevitably been knocked out in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Navarez is a 5ft2" 112lb fighter, lets keep it real.
                      but but but.... Donaire was 112 once... so it was a fair fight

Comment

Working...
                      X