No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris John Ready To Unify Belts With Billy Dib Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris John Ready To Unify Belts With Billy Dib Next

ot 24 hours after defending his title, Chris John already faces questions about his next foe. The man known as “The Dragon” retained his World Boxing Association featherweight super champion belt on Wednesday, beating Stanyslav Merdov of Ukraine by unanimous decision at Challenge Stadium in Perth, Australia.

[Click Here To Read More]

Glad to see John going after the elite super stars of the sport!!!

Comment

I still can't respect this guy. Fact is, that title he holds was blatantly stolen from Marquez. Dib beware; do not go to Indonesia less you want to get your title stole too!

Comment

chris john shouldnt be mentioned in boxing

garbage

Comment

Gamboa vs John.

Make it happen!

Comment

Sad thing is he's really good but he's wasting his time fighting bums instead of showing his skills against elite guys and get world recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by LatinKing416 View Post
              chris john shouldnt be mentioned in boxing

garbage
              Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                I still can't respect this guy. Fact is, that title he holds was blatantly stolen from Marquez. Dib beware; do not go to Indonesia less you want to get your title stole too!
                Don't get your hopes up. John is a very good fighter, beat Marquez by a very wide margin. I read a published report by a journalist who travelled there for the fight, but can't remember his name.

I just checked with Boxrec, and in the Maruqez fight the ref was Mexican, a Mexican judge scored it 116-110 and a Thai Judge 116-112 both for John. The other judge was Japanese and had a similiar score. He was well beaten. And for exactly $32,500, after turning down a MannyP return for $750,000, asking $1.5 mill. This was more Beristain I think than Marquez, according to the reports then, but he was foolish there.

Comment

Chris John wasted a lot of time fighting nobodies and he's still fighting nobodies so he will always be remembered as a nobody himself.

Comment

billy dib? lol

Comment

Working...
                    X