Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't need to be a boxer to criticize Campbell.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't need to be a boxer to criticize Campbell.

I see a lot of defenders of Campbell get self righteous by saying that if you've never boxed you have no right to criticize him, or you have no credibility.

Nonsense.

Thats like saying you can't criticize the president because you've never been a president yourself.

Its post modern cowardly bull****.

We as fight fans know what we saw. Stop trying to convince us that we saw something different.

You just come off as self righteous and condescending.

Originally posted by Camila View Post
    I see a lot of defenders of Campbell get self righteous by saying that if you've never boxed you have no right to criticize him, or you have no credibility.

Nonsense.

Thats like saying you can't criticize the president because you've never been a president yourself.

We as fight fans know what we saw. Stop trying to convince us that we saw something different.

It's nothing like that, If you actually know what you're talking about, Of course you can criticize. The knowledge comes from experience. Someone like Paris Hilton and Miley Cyrus prolly have no right to criticize the president. Same thing goes for you fat ass internet warriors that have never laced up a pair of gloves in your life.

Comment

You can not box and still make criticisms but there is some things that armchair boxers just don't seem to get since they haven't been in the ring. A classic example is calling boxers cowards, etc. It never fails that the vast majority of those saying this have never boxed while you generally don't hear this type of thing from those who have. Therefore I would tend to trust the opinion of the latter since they do have greater knowledge on this aspect from personal experience.
      Last edited by βetamax; 08-11-2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Its ironic to hear people on a message board claim you need ring experience to criticize.

If that were the case these forums should be shut down immediately.

I mean, where does it all end? What if I boxed professionally but never had my nose broken or my eye cut?

Does that mean I can't criticize a guy who has?

See what I mean?

Its a slippery slope of bull****.

Its just another way of people trying to stifle discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Camila View Post

Nonsense.

true, enough, you don't need to be a boxer to criticize nate campbell, but that doesn't make you're opinions about nate into facts.
          Last edited by Pullcounter; 08-11-2009, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrUnKnockoutabl View Post
            It's nothing like that, If you actually know what you're talking about, Of course you can criticize. The knowledge comes from experience. Someone like Paris Hilton and Miley Cyrus prolly have no right to criticize the president. Same thing goes for you fat ass internet warriors that have never laced up a pair of gloves in your life.
            co-sign
            Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
            You can not box and still make criticisms but there is some things that armchair boxers just don't seem to get since they haven't been in the ring. A classic example is calling boxers cowards, etc. It never fails that the vast majority of those saying this have never boxed while you generally don't hear this type of thing from those who have. Therefore I would tend to trust the opinion of the latter since they do have greater knowledge on this aspect from personal experience.
            co-sign.

The TS is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              true, enough, you don't need to be a boxer to criticize nate campbell, but that doesn't make you're opinions about nate facts.
              My opinions are just as valid as yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Sox8055 View Post
                co-sign

co-sign.

The TS is an idiot.
                Do you think Nate Campbell quit?

Comment

i have over 100 amateur fights,and i think campbell made the right call he was head butted and that cut was in a very bad spot,lil evander needs to order the rematch or he will be the one who looks like a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by MrUnKnockoutabl View Post
                    This is the truth. The real of it is, no one on this forum should be criticizing Campbell or the President.

Comment

Working...
                    X