Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BScene Staff Predictions: Sergio Martinez-Matthew Macklin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BScene Staff Predictions: Sergio Martinez-Matthew Macklin

The fight is being billed as “The Real Middleweight Championship of the World,” referencing the lineal championship status of Sergio “Maravilla” Martinez, who defends against UK-based middleweight contender Matthew “Mack the Knife” Macklin this weekend at MSG’s The Theatre in New York City.

[Click Here To Read More]

War Martinez.....

Comment

Terence Dooley - Macklin on points

Just because of Martinez's fight with Barker? He was winning on all 3 scorecards and won via KO against a big boxer that was doing the shell defense, and now Martinez isn't so improved?

Comment

Martinez is going to dominate Macklin...

Macklin is an inside fighter and he will have a rough time trying to get to the inside against Martinez because of a variety of reasons, but the main one being Macklin's lack of defense and speed are going to be taken advantage of by Martinez' offense. Martinez' speed, footwork, counterpunching and accuracy (especially against Macklin's size and posture) will keep the fight on the outside at a distance Sergio's going to dominate at. Macklin will work on the inside, but won't be there enough to do significant damage. The punishment Macklin receives from Martinez will eventually overwhelm him. Martinez TKO 7...

In the co-feature, Rodriguez is going to be too strong and active for George. Rodriguez by TKO 8 in an action fight...

Comment

I'm surprised that everyone is picking win by decision. I'm thinking a late stoppage because Macklin will probably tire out by then. Felix Sturm was close to knocking him out the 12th round, but didn't try hard enough finish him off.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-17-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Martinez KO's Macklin in 7th.

Comment

Macklin is not in Martinez's league. I see a stoppage in the 9th. The speed will be too much.

Comment

one thing is for sure...Macklin is going to bleed green...

Comment

That jab is going to be the end of Macklin. He will starting eating them more and more until he starts eating straight lefts and hooks. His face will take a beating..his face was even messed up from the Sturm fight and Sturm hardly threw any punches.

Comment

Hopefully, BS Staff are making correct prediction(9-1) this time for Martinez vs Matthew.

BS Staff made a wrong prediction(6-3) in Juanma vs Salido;

As for me, I go along BS Staff for Martinez!

Comment

Working...
                    X