Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd threw down the Philippines flag, would you support the move to hype the bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chups View Post
    Well the Philippine flag has been thrown down so many times before. Floyd wouldn't be the first one to do it. I give him no credit if he does.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hater View Post
      Funny, the bold part

Both Floyd and Pacman fought Hatton after Oscar, yet PBF/Hatton did more than Hatton/Pac PPV wise

Ain't that a *****
      Due to a recession yes... A lot of the peeps in my hood lost their jobs or were kicked out of their homes.. DLH-Pac and Pac-Hatton were both during times of financial chaos.

There was still more buzz about Pac-Hatton than PBF-Hatton though.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan De La Cruz View Post
        i think john lennon said that after the incident in manila.
        No, John Lenon said the "Im more popular than Jesus" in an interview in March 4 1966...

The Beatles came to Philippines in July 1966....

They did snub Imelda but if she really wanted them dead they would be... They were being booed from when they first landed and the snubbing didnt help...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
          Due to a recession yes... A lot of the peeps in my hood lost their jobs or were kicked out of their homes.. DLH-Pac and Pac-Hatton were both during times of financial chaos.

There was still more buzz about Pac-Hatton than PBF-Hatton though.
          JMM 1 and 2 were in great economic times, yet JMM/Pbf outsold both of them put together

And no, Hatton/Pac didn't have more buzz than PBF V Hatton. Two undefeated fighters, black v white, usa v uk, cocky v humble

Comment

Unless Floyd wants to be on the receiving end of thousands of death threats over several years he won't stoop down to such immaturity (or stupidity).

Comment

if floyd does that in the philippines he won't get out of there alive trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hater View Post
                JMM 1 and 2 were in great economic times, yet JMM/Pbf outsold both of them put together

And no, Hatton/Pac didn't have more buzz than PBF V Hatton. Two undefeated fighters, black v white, usa v uk, cocky v humble
                You forget what we agreed on before though. Pac and Floyd were sent into stardom by the Oscar fight. Would it be fair to compare Pac's fights with JMM before his Oscar fight to Floyd's fight with JMM after his Oscar fight? Pac wasn't a star yet when he fought JMM, but Floyd was.

I wasn't talking about the hype with the PBF/Hatton fight. I was talking of the post fight buzz. There was more buzz about Pac's 2 round execution than Floyd's 10 round check hook KO.

Comment

throwing down someones flag would be greater for the sport? wow you are an idiot.

Comment

floyd is patriotic and i dont think he would disrespect another nations flag. same way he wouldnt want anyone doing his.

what a dumb thread
                    Last edited by sycomantz; 11-24-2009, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

I wasn't talking about the hype with the PBF/Hatton fight. I was talking of the post fight buzz. There was more buzz about Pac's 2 round execution than Floyd's 10 round check hook KO.
                      I am talking about pre-fight. Hatton/Floyd fight has more buzz than Pac/Hatton, a simple fact. It should be hard to digest

Comment

Working...
                      X