No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Eyes Lucian Bute, Move To 175-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Eyes Lucian Bute, Move To 175-Pounds

On Saturday night in Carson, California, WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (24-0, 13 KOs) dominated Arthur Abraham (32-3, 26 KOs) to advance to the finals of the Super Six Boxing Classic. He waits for the winner of the upcoming Super Six semi-final bout between Carl Froch with Glen Johnson, scheduled for June 4 in Atlantic City. Beyond the Super Six, Ward would like to face undefeated IBF champion Lucian Bute of Canada, and eventually would consider a move in weight to capture a second divisional title at light heavyweight.

[Click Here To Read More]

I hope Ward ends this hypejob called Bute.

Comment

Bute is the real deal, no hype about him. It would be a good fight between him and ward, looking forward to it.

Comment

Bute fights nothing but tomato cans.

Andre Dirrell, Mikkel Kessler, and Arthur Abraham are all out of the Super Six now--he needs to fight one of them to start earning real respect from me.

Comment

I just said this kid reminds me of Floyd when he was at 130 coming up the ranks.

Ward is not playing any games.

Comment

Ward vs Martinez would be a great fight!

Comment

The Bute fight won't ever happen. Neither guy wants to leave their home state.

Comment

Bute is a joke. He won't fight Ward is Oakland and Ward won't be willing to go to Canada. The fight won't happen.

Both guys like to stay at home, but the difference is that Ward fights world class opposition on his home turf, Bute fights face-first brawlers who are tailor-made for him.

Comment

you might not like his style but ward is like a cotto of 2-3 years ago willing to fight anyone they put in front of him

call me crazy but with W's over froch and bute not to mention having beaten bika, kessler and abraham handily his resume will be better than calzaghe's

Comment

If Ward wins the tournament, then him against Bute would be a great, technical battle. Ward is a bit more slick and smooth (just a bit), but Bute has way more power. Good fight!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X