No announcement yet.

FAO squealpiggy: Aggressive Atheism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO squealpiggy: Aggressive Atheism

If people want to believe in God Atheists should let them. Stop ruining their fun.

Comment

Pat Condell is great. I don't always agree with him but he does make a good point. Religion is marketed aggressively enough from Imams advocating murder of "infidels" to christian pastors telling their "flock" how to vote and saying that people who disagree with them should go to hell that this notion of "aggressive atheism" becomes almost laughably disingenuous.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
        If people want to believe in God Atheists should let them. Stop ruining their fun.
        The point that Condell makes isn't that atheists don't want people to believe in god. It's that the religious should stop insisting that their views get special treatment, that speech is restricted for fear of offense, and that they should damn well keep their noses out of government.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Pat Condell is great. I don't always agree with him but he does make a good point. Religion is marketed aggressively enough from Imams advocating murder of "infidels" to christian pastors telling their "flock" how to vote and saying that people who disagree with them should go to hell that this notion of "aggressive atheism" becomes almost laughably disingenuous.

I knew you would like that little rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
            It depends:

Believe in it if you want to help your through life but don't try to force your beliefs on others...especially when the people in many countries in today's world want to seperate themselves from such belief systems.

Religion, like many belief systems and ideals, has done much harm to the World through history and even today.

Comment

The point that Condell makes isn't that atheists don't want people to believe in god. It's that the religious should stop insisting that their views get special treatment, that speech is restricted for fear of offense, and that they should damn well keep their noses out of government.
              You will burn in hell you piece of ****

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wacom View Post
                I knew you would like that little rant.
                I don't think that's his most extreme rant either. Not that he's exactly extreme. The main thrust of all his videos is "I'm entitled to my opinion so leave me alone", and his opinion is that religion is silly superstitious nonsense and the dogmatic individuals who peddle it are snake-oil salesmen who are willing to lie and bully in order to rob their victims of their thirty pieces of silver.

Comment

I don't think that's his most extreme rant either. Not that he's exactly extreme. The main thrust of all his videos is "I'm entitled to my opinion so leave me alone", and his opinion is that religion is silly superstitious nonsense and the dogmatic individuals who peddle it are snake-oil salesmen who are willing to lie and bully in order to rob their victims of their thirty pieces of silver.

It's a shame us unbelievers have to put up with religion peddled to us and pushed in our face.

Comment

Ignore all those annoying protestants and convert to Catholicism. Its not to late.

Comment

Working...
                    X