No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: I Felt Betrayed When Warren Signed Groves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale: I Felt Betrayed When Warren Signed Groves

Super middleweight James DeGale, speaking with the Independent, admits that he felt betrayed when promoter Frank Warren signed British/Commonwealth champion George Groves to a promotional contract in August. DeGale and Groves have been domestic rivals since the amateurs, and this past May Groves won a close twelve round decision to hand DeGale his first defeat as a pro. Warren will likely match them in a rematch in 2012.

[Click Here To Read More]

De Gale is very talented indeed. He needs to learn from the Groves loss because it exposed his weakness, you take away his jab and his rhythm is gone. He can get better and should but I'm not sure he's got the right trainer or team behind him.

He's the closest thing the UK has to an Andre Ward.

Comment

Degale is my favourite fighter, he is going to be one of the best fighters we have had in history and you can quote me on that....

Comment

Go Stateside or never fulfil your potential.

Comment

This guy seems obsessed with Groves, can't keep his name out of his mouth... Let it go DEgale

Comment

Degale has the talent and potential to become one of boxings top 10 fighters. I do believe he needs a new trainer though but he seems very loyal to jim. Even stays at his house during camp. What he should do is get a better trainer but keep jim part of his team that way he gets a good trainer and keeps jimmy boy happy

Comment

Jimmy boy is a glorified fitness instructor. No doubt he gets his fighters fit for a fight, but training an Olympic gold medalist is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                Jimmy boy is a glorified fitness instructor. No doubt he gets his fighters fit for a fight, but training an Olympic gold medalist is a different story.
                Yup he did not give degale any advice in the groves fight the guy did not have a plan b or c for that fight.

Comment

If DeGale stays over here to train, then I'd want him to go to Tibbs.

Comment

Originally posted by War-Robbo View Post
                    Degale is my favourite fighter, he is going to be one of the best fighters we have had in history and you can quote me on that....
                    Nah, George Groves is..... Groves > DeGale 2-0

Kiddin

He has great potential, but he has got to beat the ugly kid from around the corner to get the monkey off his back.

The tag of being the Olympic champion, but the second-best fighter in his own gym, will stick with DeGale until he beats Groves.

He needs to beat him, for himself, not for rankings or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                    X