Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could PACMAN do to be GOAT candidate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KO Wladimir?

No but really. Nothing he could do. Same with every active fighter over 30 i'd imagine.

Comment

I would need to see him totally dominate and KO floyd. And win the 154 lb title without a catch weight.

Comment

Ahhh, but Robinson did what he was supposed to do in the rematch, win not get planked. He rpoved beyond doubt he was superior, much like Lewis did against Rahman. Pac has had four oppotunities to do the same with Marquez, but seems to find it harder every time.

To answer the question. Pacquiao needed to have beaten Marquez convincingly, take the tests and beat Mayweather, worked his way up the weights more thoroughly (even though I can totally understand not resisting a big money fight against DLH) and not used catchweights to put question marks on one of his best victories (Cotto).

In reality this thread is giving us a reason to nitpick at Pacquiao's career, which is amazing. He achieved a great deal in the sport and if it was easy, they'd all do it. I'm sure he'll be highly rated when he's done, just not top of the pile.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson is consider the best, not only because of the amount of fights,wins, and the climbing up in weight but of all the loses he next lost by KO/TKO. Robinson didn't just have great skill, speed and power but the ability to fight on with heart.

Unfortunately Pacquiao has now suffered 3 KO's, twice in his early career, and now a huge possibly career ending KO. Now, I'm not claiming his career is over now, but he has now subjected himself to something most fighters have trouble coming back from mentally and physically.

If he were to retire today, top 20 or 30. Behind the likes of RJJ, Hopkins of this time. Hopkins because of his longevity. Jones because of his historical climb to the best pound for pound in the 90's and title wins only done once, 100 years before.

Infact I would put him right behind Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            floyd and JMM are better than manny.
            Oh, i see, thanks for clearing that up for me. They are better boxers than Pac, and better fighters, with better careers and resume?

Much appreciated for your knowledge.

Comment

Yea that Marquez KO did a BIIIG damage to his legacy. He should have not even fought him that 4th time, but was too hungry for money and too much of a yes man to Bob Arum. He already officially beat him, so why another one.

-Only way to go back to goat status is to knock-out Marquez, (no other option. not by tko/decision has to be knock-out)
              -Knock-out or dominate Floyd Mayweather
              -Knock-out or dominate Sergio Martinez (impossible now because Sergio might ko him) or a young prime fighter like Adrian Broner/ Timothy Bradley/ Brandon Rios to show he can beat up young guys

He has to do all 3 to be even considered GOAT but it is really impossible now.
              I just see him fighting , Marquez, Rios, Bradley as his options and he'll probably lose one of them and thats a bad way to end his career going 1-3 if he even wins one of those last 3 fights he has left

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                I rate Pac now in top 3, he's not far from it! JMM, Floyd. Martinez, Broner, Rios win will seal it for Pac!
                Lol.

If you rate Pacquiao in your top three, who are the other two? Floyd and JMM?

Lol...

Comment

Beat kessler - froch winner, ward, martinez...

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly_UG

as of now there's no way he can be GOAT just because jmm outclasses him, you can't say pacquiao is a better fighter than marquez therefore he will never be the GOAT before marquez

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

The current GOAT Armstrong was outclassed too in his later fights! but he's still the GOAT!

Pac has a Chance to equal him, He just need to fight & win more against Great oppositions!

I rate Pac now in top 3, he's not far from it! JMM, Floyd. Martinez, Broner, Rios win will seal it for Pac!
                    Except Pacquiao was outclassed 4 times by the same fighter over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                      Except Pacquiao was outclassed 4 times by the same fighter over a decade.

What the record says? 2-1-1 for Pac! Pac will have his revenge soon!

Pac gave JMM a chance!! JMM wont even avenge his loss to Chris John!

Comment

Working...
                      X