No announcement yet.

Garcia/Khan II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoggin303 View Post
    Kahn, dominates garcia just like he was the first fight. Danny caught lighting in a bottle and knows it. I just wish most of Dannys people would get knocked out to, especially his little nut sack rider midget friend glass jaw Rick lopez
    Khan was dominating in the first fight??That's a laughable suggestion..From you as well as the commentators last night...Khan was winning on my scorecard when the punch in the 3rd landed,but I was about to give Danny that 3rd rd before the kd...Danny had gotten Khan's timing and was nailing him with some solid shots..Enough to were I felt he won the 3rd before the kd..So dominating is strong a word,winning yes,dominating no...

Comment

If and when Garcia blasts Khan again, there will be excuses thrown around and his win will be discredited.

Comment

I couldnt be convinced by anyone that Khan will have a easy, event free fight from now on, but he's essential viewing. His glaring weaknesses make it so.

How often do rematches go exactly like the first act?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Khan will always have problems and risk being knocked out against anybody with power (i.e. Maidana, Garcia, Mattheyse) no matter how patient he's being. The only difference I saw in Khan last night was that he stepped off after throwing a fast flurry of punches, rather then staying in there in trading - which is good, don't get me wrong (except that last night it probably would have benefitted him to get a legit KO lol). But he knew Molina couldn't hurt him, and Molina was hitting him (landing around 25%-28% of his *cough* "power" punches). Everything else he pretty much did the same as he always has (making the same tactical errors and no real improved defense). I don't know if you can actually say Khan has improved under Hunter yet, or if he finally decided to actually follow the game plan layed out by his coach.

Don't get me wrong, Khan has talent. He always has. And if he can continue to stick to the game plan layed out by Hunter (who seems like an incredibly calming figure for Amir) and stay out of the fire fights, he should be able to easily outbox the B-B+ type fighters. Even in a rematch against Peterson, IF KHAN ACTUALLY STICKS TO THE GAME PLAN, he would probably do a lot better the he did in the first fight, if he uses the type of patience that he did last night against Molina (although Lamont is a constant pressurer). It's when he steps in there against top competition that can withstand those first few rounds of fast flurries and counter punch with power, that he will always find himself in trouble with IMO. GBP gave him the perfect opponent to look good against last night and boost Khans confidence.

Same result in a rematch with Garcia, maybe just later in rounds until Khan gets la-la landed.

Comment

Garcia wins a rematch at any point. I think we have seen the high water mark for Khan and I see Garcia getting better. With Hunter it may all be too late. Khan needed a Hunter when he was developing years ago. Right now his habits are so ingrained that even if he is taught the right stuff it won't get in on a habit automatc level for ages.

Comment

Danny KO's him again. Khan still fights too much like an amateur with his pitty pat punches imo. Although I do commend him for fighting a more posed fight. I'm still not sure how he handles a pressure fighter like Rios or a power puncher like Garcia. He needs 2 more fights under Virgil Hunter's teaching to rewire his tendencies in the ring, then we can make a case for him to fight Danny. If he fights him in the next year, he gets flattened again.

He should fight Peterson again and go from there.
              Last edited by Ferrarijones; 12-16-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X