Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What weighs in more when determining the greatness of a fighter: Resume or skills?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What weighs in more when determining the greatness of a fighter: Resume or skills?

Which do you consider more when determining the greatness of a fighter?

Huh what do you think punky boys?
    Resume.
    57.63%
    Skills.
    5.08%
    Both.
    37.29%

I think resume is probably the best indicator.

With that said, I still consider guys like Floyd as great -- so skills/athleticism factors into it for me.

Comment

This is a good question and I'm glad someone finally asked it. Too often on these threads I see that people fail to acknowledge that someone has great talent simply because their resumes are lacking. On the flip side, I see people looking at only skill and never resume. They are about 50/50. I'm not sure why it is so hard for someone to acknowledge that someone has great speed, power, skill, or whatever, just because they haven't had the best fights. A lack of a resume doesn't change reality. At the same time, we can't say that so and so in the olympics who looks awesome is better than a professional fighter that has been going for 10+ years, no matter how good he looks. I don't know man....Tough one

Comment

Both, but I think resume is significantly more important than skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb View Post
          Both, but I think resume is significantly more important than skills.
          This. Against great fighters sometimes you can't show those skills. You only know how good a fighter is when they have fought other great fighters, in their prime, and won. Nonetheless, if two fighters have a reasonably similar resume, but one showed utter skilful dominance over his opponent while the other lost some fights, got hurt, knocked down, had some questionable decisions blah blah blah, then I'm going to go with the more 'skilful' fighter.

It all depends though.

Comment

i think there is a chance that bombs is jack or fooly cooly or majorkong

Comment

Many greatly skilled fighters never reach HoF status so it has to be resume.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                i think there is a chance that bombs is jack or fooly cooly or majorkong
                yea, hes the same damn troll. he just says **** to be outrageous, sometimes i dunno if he really believes it. but he really knows better even if he acts like he dont.

Comment

resume ....coz thats how you determine a fighter's skill level......

Comment

Victor Ortiz has great skills.

way better skills than Maidana.

Look what happened when they fought.

Comment

Working...
                    X