No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo: All Opponents Must Face Us at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Canelo: All Opponents Must Face Us at 154

Regarding some potential fights in the future, trainer Edison Reynoso makes it known that his boxer, WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs), will not move up or move down for any potential opponent - at least right now. He was responding to the idea of moving down to face pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. or moving up to face champions Sergio Martinez or Gennady Golovkin at the middleweight limit.

[Click Here To Read More]

When Floyd and Canelo fight, it will be at 154. People are dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      When Floyd and Canelo fight, it will be at 154. People are dumb.
      Floyd SR is the one who said it,seems like we agree on something,.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
        Floyd SR is the one who said it,seems like we agree on something,.
        Floyd Sr can say whatever he wants, doesn't mean that's what's happening in negotiations. Floyd knows he would have no leg to stand on if he wanted a different weight for Canelo.

The only thing I could see happening is if they say Canelo can't weigh more than 170 on fight night, which is perfectly reasonable.

Comment

I like Canelo, but he hasn't done anything to be demanding anything from a fighter!

Comment

Canelo likes making it clear he's wearing the pants. In general.

Comment

See I don't like this thinking from him. He's making himself seem bigger than he really is and he's not going to really get out of his comfort zone. He can easily move up to Middleweight to fight Sergio and still be bigger than him come fight night.

yet he wants Mayweather who walks around the welterweight limit to come to fight him at 154. I want their fight to be at 154 because I think Floyd will win still and get more credit for it, but it's hypocritical and the sad thing is Canelo will still get a pass for it

Comment

Canelo's ego will be bigger than Floyd's, Manny's, and Oscar's egos combined when he becomes a PPV superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Floyd Sr can say whatever he wants, doesn't mean that's what's happening in negotiations.
                  Sr. seemed pretty adamant the fight would not be at 154. Jr. is his own boss but it's pretty clear he'll listen to his father like he did with Pacquiao.

Comment

Putting up major roadblocks against the opportunity to take over the sport at a young age. This is not a good look, he seems like a primadonna ( hope I spelled that right).

Comment

Working...
                    X