No announcement yet.

Yanks what do you think of this...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Grime to me is a different taste. Don't like most of it, except for P-Money.

Their cadence is different with the whole rap as fast as humanly possible thing, but the English accent rarely makes it sound nice to my Yankee ears. I hear Grime should be more compared to Southern Trap or crunk music in that its mainly about getting hype or how crazy someone's set got while they are performing as opposed to the actual lyrical content. Plus I find the production on most grime songs just annoying and weird sounding, but I guess that's more because of the evolution of where it came from(Afro-Carib dancehall, garage, etc...)

I got a friend from London that's been trying to push it on me, but I dunno. It's a different flavor. I got a whole Youtube playlist just dedicated to grime from pretty much every song he's ever sent me.
      Last edited by Biolink; 09-20-2012, 07:05 AM.

Comment

They don't rap as fast as humanly possible, they're quite slow if anything. But that might be because of accent/language barriers. Yea, a lot of it is hype but lyrical content is still somewhat important.

What do you think of this, Bio?

Dat accent.

Comment

That was hilarious

A lot slower than what I'm used to as well. Its not so bad if I can understand it I guess, but when guys are going as fast as Twista with those thick accents its hard to care for what they are saying

Comment

Check out the songs I posted on the previous page, if you haven't heard 'em.

Giggs is notoriously slow when he spits and the beats are heavy.

Comment

Comment

First track is GARBAGE.

Comment

Banging!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    on this one first of all the beat was no good for his style IMO plus he just sounds like any regular rapper out there.

Comment

this one is aight!

Comment

Working...
                      X