No announcement yet.

KEDS PRODUCTION PRESENTS { THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF GERALD McCLELLAN}

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
    Mr. Pedigree.... That was one epic fight... Brutal... Sad... Enjoyable...regretful... I think he had the injury prior...
    I know what your saying buddy but lets keep base things on fact and not INTERNET opinion !
    Theres no fact what so ever that says that he had any injury prior to the fight !
    Like i said from what i understand he didn't cut the weight right and had to lose 15 lbs in just over a day ...so he was dehydrated from the start witch as most know can be a death sentence in a long hard fight let alone one as savage as he was in !

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
      Theres so much BS posted about Gerald's state before the fight with Benn...with posters saying that his sparring partners said he had problems before hand and other boxers...yet i have yet to read one interview yet where anybody has been quoted in backing up this !
      Heres the interview:
      "I feel Gerald McClellan was already injured going into the Nigel Benn fight, I have a strong belief. There as this one time Gerald and I were sparring and I hit him with a solid jab in the middle of his forehead, like between the eyebrows...He told me "STOP, HOLD UP"! YOU THUMBED ME MAN. So he stopped and started blinking non stop from what I thought was a thumb. I never even felt like I thumbed him, and they were thumbless gloves so I just figured somehow my thumb must have poked him in the eye because of the way he was blinking really fast and non-stop..with both eyes though.
      http://bo$ingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=2862
      change $ to x

Comment

I know what your saying buddy but lets keep base things on fact and not INTERNET opinion !
        Theres no fact what so ever that says that he had any injury prior to the fight !
        Like i said from what i understand he didn't cut the weight right and had to lose 15 lbs in just over a day ...so he was dehydrated from the start witch as most know can be a death sentence in a long hard fight let alone one as savage as he was in !
        His brain was bleeding from round 2, when he went back to his corner he told them he knew something was wrong. After round 6, he said he wanted to quit because he knew something was definately wrong with his head. His team said to him,"go out therre and die"
        Source:
        War, baby: The glamour of vioulence by Kevin Mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
          Heres the interview:

http://bo$ingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=2862
          change $ to x
          His brain was bleeding from round 2, when he went back to his corner he told them he knew something was wrong. After round 6, he said he wanted to quit because he knew something was definately wrong with his head. His team said to him,"go out therre and die"
          Source:
          War, baby: The glamour of vioulence by Kevin Mitchell
          Again i read more Internet opinion but backed up by no medical facts !
          "Oh i thumbed him in the eye once and he reacted funny so that must of been the beginnings of a blood clot" ....
          His team came on UK TV the day after the fight ...the head trainer the one with the captains hat on was asked if he was OK during the fight ...he said he started complaining after round 6....
          I remember it like yesterday mate ...i can remember being glued to the TV waiting to see if he was gonna pull through....in the mean time i was watching all the boxing experts and McClellan's team give UK TV interviews !

Comment

Again i read more Internet opinion but backed up by no medical facts !
            Theres a poster here called handspeed who uses a McClellan avy, you should ask him what he has on the subject.
            "Oh i thumbed him in the eye once and he reacted funny so that must of been the beginnings of a blood clot" ....
            His team came on UK TV the day after the fight ...the head trainer the one with the captains hat on was asked if he was OK during the fight ...he said he started complaining after round 6....!
            One of McClellans corner men had a tape recorder, which recorded everything that happened in between rounds, he would later on give it to Lisa McClellan. Who would tell Kevin Mitchell about what transpired during his interviews with her for the above book
            I remember it like yesterday mate ...i can remember being glued to the TV waiting to see if he was gonna pull through....in the mean time i was watching all the boxing experts and McClellan's team give UK TV interviews !
            Unfortunately I can remember it clearly as well

Comment

Theres a poster here called handspeed who uses a McClellan avy, you should ask him what he has on the subject.

One of McClellans corner men had a tape recorder, which recorded everything that happened in between rounds, he would later on give it to Lisa McClellan. Who would tell Kevin Mitchell about what transpired during his interviews with her for the above book

Unfortunately I can remember it clearly as well
              Never see that video before thanks for posting it..
              What i am saying is i don't believe that he was injured before the fight ...i think it was like what Nigel said in your video ...he took alot of hard punches ...and what with not doing the weight right and having to lose 15lbs in a day didn't help...it was an accumulation of all these factors !
              IMO Gerald McClellan hadn't prepared properlyether.., He had fallen out with Manny Steward, and wound up with a corner that included a guy he had met just three weeks earlier and who had never been a second before ...these are all factors in what happend !
              IMO Someone like Steward would have realised long before the fight was over that something was wrong because television replays show McClellan blinking in his corner from midway through the fight !

Comment

Never see that video before thanks for posting it..!
                The ITV interviewers had the decency to stop their interview with Benn, when they realised something was wrong, but those Showtime guys just didn't seem to care.
                What i am saying is i don't believe that he was injured before the fight ...i think it was like what Nigel said in your video ...he took alot of hard punches ...and what with not doing the weight right and having to lose 15lbs in a day didn't help...it was an accumulation of all these factors !
                Fair enough.
                IMO Gerald McClellan hadn't prepared properlyether.., He had fallen out with Manny Steward, and wound up with a corner that included a guy he had met just three weeks earlier and who had never been a second before ...these are all factors in what happend !!
                Manny Steward cooked for him and watched his diet so he made weight properly, after their split Gerald tended to eat a lot of junk food and then would severly drain himself to make weight.
                IMO Someone like Steward would have realised long before the fight was over that something was wrong because television replays show McClellan blinking in his corner from midway through the fight !
                Donnie was a guy he met on the dog fighting circuit and Stanley Johnson (the guy with the cap), was a career Journeyman and a guy he knew from his youth. But you are right, Manny would of noticed the signs and stopped the fight.

It was organised chaos
                - Paul Ingle, who worked Gerald's corner that day

Comment

No one knows what truly happened mrpedigree... If you was there then you remember benn was asked what he thought was wrong with gerald and he said that he absorbed a lot of punching power.... Do you recall? Again, who knows where his injury happened...

Comment

Working...
                  X