Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez JR vs. Gennady Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julio Cesar Chavez JR vs. Gennady Golovkin?

Who wins this one?

Lots of people have Chavez JR beating Martinez after tonight. How would he do against the hard hitting Golovkin? Kassim Ouma took his shots for 10 rounds. Does Chavez have a better chin than Ouma?
    Chavez by KO/TKO
    42.11%
    Chavez by decision
    15.79%
    Golovkin by KO/TKO
    42.11%
    Golovkin by decision
    0.00%

Golvokin is too small.

Comment

Shameless bump! Since all these Chavez threads are bumpin' right now.

Comment

GGG is very small but has good power

But i dont think his power is good enough to keep JCC off of him. He would eventually gas and get broken down

Comment

Surprised at this poll. Nobody seemed to rate Chavez but all ogf a sudden he beats a tv reality star leftover and now he can beat Golvkin?

Chavez looked strong against a guy weve already seen destroyed at a low level. Lets not get acrried away. Theres a difference between him and Golovkin who has blown through everyone he has faced. Fot Chavez to win he has to get close and impose his strength which would play right into Golovkins hands. He wouldnt have to go looking for him like he usually does with opponents.

Jr would just walk onto heavy punches all night but has no other choice because he cant box. If these two trade blows Chavez willcome off second best

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
            Surprised at this poll. Nobody seemed to rate Chavez but all ogf a sudden he beats a tv reality star leftover and now he can beat Golvkin?

Chavez looked strong against a guy weve already seen destroyed at a low level. Lets not get acrried away. Theres a difference between him and Golovkin who has blown through everyone he has faced. Fot Chavez to win he has to get close and impose his strength which would play right into Golovkins hands. He wouldnt have to go looking for him like he usually does with opponents.

Jr would just walk onto heavy punches all night but has no other choice because he cant box. If these two trade blows Chavez willcome off second best
            When was Lee a reality star? Was he in the Contender or something? That was an impressive win there is no denying that. Golovkin has not shown me anything that screams beast so for me I think it would be a tough fight for both fighters. Hard hitter on one side and a tough chin on the other. I think both have tough chins to be fair. Chavez clearly is bigger than any other Middleweight.

I was thinking about making another thread - Chavez vs. Pirog? Everyone was saying Sergio Martinez was ducking Pirog for a while. So if lots of people believe Pirog beats Martinez and Chavez beats Martinez who wins in Chavez-Pirog?

Comment

Golovkin is overrated, at least that's how I feel from watching a couple of his fights in youtube, haha. We'll find out more in Golovkin-Pirog of course, can't wait for that fight.

Comment

Got to love all these people saying "Lee is a bum, Lee sucks, etc". From the moment that fight was signed to the day of the fight, loads of people were saying he was going to expose Chavez and give him hell, saying it's a 50-50 fight. Chavez stops him in impressive fashion, and he's a bum again. Seriously, people need to keep it 100 on here.

Comment

When was Lee a reality star? Was he in the Contender or something? That was an impressive win there is no denying that. Golovkin has not shown me anything that screams beast so for me I think it would be a tough fight for both fighters. Hard hitter on one side and a tough chin on the other. I think both have tough chins to be fair. Chavez clearly is bigger than any other Middleweight.

I was thinking about making another thread - Chavez vs. Pirog? Everyone was saying Sergio Martinez was ducking Pirog for a while. So if lots of people believe Pirog beats Martinez and Chavez beats Martinez who wins in Chavez-Pirog?

EDMON917,

I said Lee was a TV reality star leftover. The guy from contender knocked Lee out so its the equivalent of being beaten by Peter Manfreddo. Clearly not world class so I duno why people are making out Lee ever had a chance. Its like when Pacfans try to justify pacs opponents by saying Mosley was dangerous and Cotto wasnt weight drained etc.

You know the fight is pointless when the fans of the opposing side try to make out the sacraficial lamb is something better than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
                    EDMON917,

I said Lee was a TV reality star leftover. The guy from contender knocked Lee out so its the equivalent of being beaten by Peter Manfreddo. Clearly not world class so I duno why people are making out Lee ever had a chance. Its like when Pacfans try to justify pacs opponents by saying Mosley was dangerous and Cotto wasnt weight drained etc.

You know the fight is pointless when the fans of the opposing side try to make out the sacraficial lamb is something better than he is.
                    Oh! I forgot Vera was on that show. Yeah Lee was not elite level but he was a decent opponent. Now it's time for JR to really step up and fight Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                    X