Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao didn't have a problem making 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicamarvin View Post
    a PAC.Tard speaking from the heart...
    Why is that, because I want to see Pacquiao vs Martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
      Why is that, because I want to see Pacquiao vs Martinez?
      not because of that, its because you want a catchweight.. 160 or nothing.. just like Floyd is facing Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Pac walks around at 154 lbs.

Supposedly, Pac fought DLH at Pac's walking around weight of 146 lb's. This is false; Pac weighed 153 pounds (23 more pounds than what he fought at 9 months before) prior to the DLH fight, then cut down to 142 lb's for the weigh in, and weighed in bigger than DLH on fight night at 146 lb's.

Comparing Pac's fight night weight of 146 lb's against DLH, to Pac's walking around weight of 153 pounds, with the help of Ariza's special shakes, why is it not feasible to ask Pac to fight a smaller opponent than Margarito at 154?

A 5'7 Roberto Duran has done it multiple times (Hearns, Barkley, ect).

Mayweather has fought 20 lb bigger opponents multiple times.

Sugar Ray Robinson has fought 20 lb bigger opponents multiple times.

Since Pac is a Demi-God mentioned in the same sentence as the above opponents, why is this so wrong to ask?
        Pac walks around at 154? Maybe when he's fat and out of shape. Where did you get this number?

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
          He weighed 144 for a Jr Middleweight fight

That weight kind of shows that he had A LOT of problems making the weight..

come on fl0mos

*********Edit: I get what you're coming from i guess. The old bangers of the day never made any excuses, the best just proved themselves period.Hear that floyd?

*********Edit 2: i'm sorry i just dont think mayweather can handle pacquiao, and he knows it, why else does he keep running from this guy

if he's so easy, just take the 30-30 split with 40% to the winner offer that pac gave him and beat him.
          someones not confident...

Comment

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
            Martinez was never a legit champ at 154.

Also, Manny could have easily gotten a layup victory at 154 by facing Yuri Foreman (a guy he battered on numerous occasions during sparring), instead of Clottey, but stated then that there is no way he could fight at 154.
            that was Martinez vacated WBC belt that Manny fought at a catchweight for and we know why Manny didnt fight Foreman 1. he wouldnt have been able to do a catchweight and 2. Yuri fights tall and has some movement boxer type of style Pacquiao handlers always avoided. fact is Manny turned down the Foreman fight

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
              Pac walks around at 154? Maybe when he's fat and out of shape. Where did you get this number?
              See for yourself:

http://sports.inquirer.net/34619/bra...on-fight-night

"By way of comparison, Pacquiao walks around at about 154."

BTW, since when has Pac ever been fat and out of shape in between fights?

Comment

Proving your greatness is one thing, suicide is another

but I get what you're coming from i guess. The old bangers of the day never made any excuses, the best just proved themselves period.

Hear that floyd?
                Why is it suicide?

It's a winnable fight, just a big risk at the same time.

If he wants to be realistically considered amongst the greatest fighters of all time he should take that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  See for yourself:

http://sports.inquirer.net/34619/bra...on-fight-night

"By way of comparison, Pacquiao walks around at about 154."

BTW, since when has Pac ever been fat and out of shape in between fights?
                  Sorry who is that writer and what is his source for this?

Martinez was 176 lbs, 30 days before a JMW fight:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=433027

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
                    Sorry who is that writer and what is his source for this?

Martinez was 176 lbs, 30 days before a JMW fight:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=433027
                    I have other sources that say Pac was 153 before he fought DLH and Cotto. Are those writers also lying on Pac?

How big was Margarito 30 days before he fought Pac?

Comment

i'm sorry i just dont think mayweather can handle pacquiao, and he knows it, why else does he keep running from this guy

if he's so easy, just take the 30-30 split with 40% to the winner offer that pac gave him and beat him.
                      It doesn't matter what the split was Pacquiao wasn't going to accept the fight. He said he wasn't fighting on May 5th the date that was already booked and Mayweather was cleared by the court to fight on.

Comment

Working...
                      X