No announcement yet.

Tips on fighting a fast south paw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on fighting a fast south paw

Tips on fighting a fast south paw who moves in and out pretty quick?

What are some good punches to throw?

Comment

I recommend that you punch him and when he tries to punch you back.... you move.........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        I recommend that you punch him and when he tries to punch you back.... you move.........Rockin'
        watch this video.

Comment

watch marquez vs pac II

Comment

straight right or feint with the jab and land with the right hook but make sure you are ready to get back out or you will get countered by a south paw with quick hands

Comment

My initial reply was just messin'. I've answered this question so many times it's..........

You say that he's much faster so don't chase him around the ring. Be patient and make him come to you.

Try this. Instead of playing the pawing game with his jab fist and yours let him throw his jabs at you. Brush the first few to the side until you get his rythme and timing. When you think you got it just slip his jab to the left and put your right hand out, he'll run right into it. Dig a hook to the body and take the side. From there you are in absolute control.

Also, lead rights to the body. Again, let him come to you. When you see that he is attacking just get down low with your legs and send that right hand straight into his heart. Ofcourse follow with hooks take the side and again you are a step ahead.

Try feinting him aswell. Feint him, look for how he reacts and work off of the knowledge when you do it the next time.

Start with those and let me know how it goes, there are many more ways to skin a southpaw............Rockin'

Comment

Looking back I had bouts with some very fast south paws. One was Corey Johnson and one was Jason Pappilion. I used aggression and right hand leads to the body followed by lots of hooks on them. Aggressive was just how I fought. Threw fists for 100's of rounds with Bronco McCart, that guy was tough. So if you are normally aggressive than fight aggresive, never mind what I said about waiting for him. But if you're a counter puncher than definately wait and then work off of what he does.....Rockin'

Comment

Thanks I'm trying to gather all the knowledge i can. not for me in the ring but my nephew who is 13...thank you once again

I let you know how it goes.

Comment

You want him (your nephew) to circle the ring counter clockwise, so the south paw is moving backwards around the ring. Try to stay on the outside lead foot of the southpaw to force the southpaw to attack from 1 side.

Comment

Working...
                    X