Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who goes through Pac's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    At 126 off the top of my head I'd pick Pep, Arguello and Armstrong to beat all 3 of these guys.
    Sure they can beat them al,l Pacquiao beat them all too. But no one is going through all 9 fights undefeated.

Comment

If we're talking from the very start of his career, I don't think anyone could ever do Pacquiao's whole career and go undefeated, simply because of the extreme rise in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Sure they can beat them al,l Pacquiao beat them all too. But no one is going through all 9 fights undefeated.
        It would certainly be no easy task, but I don't think it impossible. If I were going to bet on it though I'd be betting on what you're saying rather than take that chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
          If we're talking from the very start of his career, I don't think anyone could ever do Pacquiao's whole career and go undefeated, simply because of the extreme rise in weight.
          That was my thinking too,his resume from 130+ is a different story

Comment

Okay Duran is a candidate but I doubt he could be as effective below 135, especially against greats like MAB, Morales, and JMM (whether or not they were prime) The same case with Floyd, IMO

How about Jimmy McLarnin? He was good enough to beat Pancho Villa at flyweight and later won a WW title

Comment

Jimmy Mclarnin went from fly to welter and beat HOFers every single step of the way. That alone is a greater feat than what Pac did, but he didn't win titles along the way, mainly because they didn't have ten of them in every division.

However, I don't think he'd go through Pac's resume undefeated, because McLarnin could be very inconsistent too.

If you took Duran in today's weigh in era, he could easily be making the 122 and 126 divisions and fight at his best, considering he started at 118 while weighing just before the fight (don't forget that even at 122/126 etc Pac was weighing in as a welterweight), he would beat all the above fighters without a loss if he fought them at the same stage Pac fought them.

He beat Ernesto Marcel at 19 years old, at FW or JLW, and looked freakin incredible already, so he wouldn't have any trouble with HOF level fighters at a very young age. Marcel of course went on to win the lineal FW title straight after, and beat a series of great fighters including Alexis Arguello before retiring as an undefeated champ.

You have to remember the weight thing. That's big. You think of Armstrong and what he did, now give him extra titles to win and over an extra day to rehydrate after a weigh in and see how far he could get down. Same with Duran. Same with McLarnin.

Honestly though, from the first Barrera fight at 126 to now ie 147, I see a few guys being able to do it clearly better. Duran being the obvious. It's too hard to know how far he'd go down in this era of weigh ins though. But from 126 to 147, I don't see who would beat him from Pac's resume.

Comment

Pryor

Hearns

Duran

Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by New England
                  he'd have to get there very young. i doubt he'd beat hall of famers as a teenager.
                  How old was he when he stopped Ernesto Marcel? Cant check from my phone.

Marcel is HoF quality imo.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Jimmy McLarnin is a great shout, actually. Well done Nagabilly.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                      NO ONE is beating Prime Barrera x2, Prime Morales, and JMM x4
                      lol, you don't think that Floyd would have handed JMM his a@@ 4 times? Floyd only needed to fight him once to prove he was better... manny needed 3 more times and tried for another.

Comment

Working...
                      X