Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wladimir Klitschko was David Haye's size could he have ever been a world champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Wladimir Klitschko had the arm length of Lennox Lewis (29.5" instead of his 26") would he still be undefeated?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Wlad wins most of his fights by stoppage its just Haye is very fast and dodges punches extremely well so he would still have power and maybe be faster since he is fast for a man his size already, maybe he would fight more like Haye if he was his size but who knows its like asking how Haye would do if he was Wlad's size maybe he would fight more like Wlad does.
      Wlads jab is what allows him to win, he wouldnt be able to set that right up without his jab. You can't fix a glass jaw, Wlad has a dodgy chin, there is no way to avoid the truth, the height and reach protects him and thus he avoids fighting on the inside, he'll lean, clinch, run away, anything but fight on the inside.

If we were taking about Vitali or Lewis, then i could still see them becoming HW champs. Vitali has a solid jaw, and Lewis was able to fight on the inside and brawl with big hitters.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Wlads jab is what allows him to win, he wouldnt be able to set that right up without his jab. You can't fix a glass jaw, Wlad has a dodgy chin, there is no way to avoid the truth, the height and reach protects him and thus he avoids fighting on the inside, he'll lean, clinch, run away, anything but fight on the inside.

If we were taking about Vitali or Lewis, then i could still see them becoming HW champs. Vitali has a solid jaw, and Lewis was able to fight in the inside and brawl with big hitters.
        Lets not pretend now that Lewis had a Haglerlike chin himself, who is to say how far he would go without his size though he did have a more diverse arsenal than Wlad does I will admit.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Lets not pretend now that Lewis had a Haglerlike chin himself, who is to say how far he would go without his size though he did have a more diverse arsenal than Wlad does I will admit.
          Lewis had a dodgy chin too, but his inside fight game for as guy his size was spectacular. When boxers slipped his jab and got on the inside Lewis could always rely on his inside game unlike many other giant HWs.

You look at Vital vs Lewis, where Vital was out jabbing Lewis, thus turning the fight into a all out brawl, with both men fighting on the inside, it was brutal to watch, i dont think Wlad could cope with a fight that intense and such powershots.

Also i feel his chin is a little weaker than Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            Lewis had a dodgy chin too, but his inside fight game for as guy his size was spectacular. When boxers slipped his jab and got on the inside Lewis could always rely on his inside game unlike many other giant HWs.

You look at Vital vs Lewis, where Vital was out jabbing Lewis, thus turning the fight into a all out brawl, with both men fighting on the inside, it was brutal to watch, i dont think Wlad could cope with a fight that intense and such powershots.

Also i feel his chin is a little weaker than Lennox.
            Haye is not known for a fantastic chin either but he avoids punches because of his speed and reflexes not to mention lateral movement who is to say a smaller Wlad which we presume would be faster couldn't do the same

Comment

I'd say no, but this is assuming if he was Hayes size he'd fight the same way.

Clearly if he was 6 ft 3 he wouldn't fight the way he does now.

Comment

If Jessie Owens was short and fat would he have been able to run as fast?

Comment

Yes,the division is terrible,anyone who can move and has power can be champion

Comment

I hate these transposing bodies threads because a fighter is not inherently born with a certain style and having different physical properties will affect the way they learn the sport. Would Tyson have gotten low and weaved his way in if he were 6'7". Clearly not.
                    I think Wlad is enough of a thinker and competitor that he would have developed a style that worked for whatever height he may have been. But, it's pointless to speculate with all the variables.

Comment

Stupid motherfucking question.
                      Next.

Comment

Working...
                      X