Collapse
No announcement yet.

My review of Act of Valor (sic)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you even waste your time watching such trash? I saw the trailer and thought to myself, "Wow, they are really pushing the war stuff right now".

I don't care to see things like that to be honest with you, it seems cheesy more than anything else but I'm sure millions of Americans will love it and as soon as leaving the theater they will be ready to shoot and kill something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      Why would you even waste your time watching such trash? I saw the trailer and thought to myself, "Wow, they are really pushing the war stuff right now".

I don't care to see things like that to be honest with you, it seems cheesy more than anything else but I'm sure millions of Americans will love it and as soon as leaving the theater they will be ready to shoot and kill something.
      As I said in my review it really was like sitting watching someone play Call of Duty. Very very shallow. Also showed the SEALs as being totally goody goody family men. Not ordinary people but cartoon characters of niceness. One of them was about to become a dad for the first time... can you guess how that turned out for him?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        As I said in my review it really was like sitting watching someone play Call of Duty. Very very shallow. Also showed the SEALs as being totally goody goody family men. Not ordinary people but cartoon characters of niceness. One of them was about to become a dad for the first time... can you guess how that turned out for him?
        Honestly to each his own I guess but at the risk of sounding pretentious, I just can't sit and watch such simple minded stuff.

It's the same reason I can't watch 90% of the stuff that comes out of Hollywood because it's so predictable and the same BS over and over.

Comment

Honestly to each his own I guess but at the risk of sounding pretentious, I just can't sit and watch such simple minded stuff.

It's the same reason I can't watch 90% of the stuff that comes out of Hollywood because it's so predictable and the same BS over and over.
          I wouldn't say don't watch it. I'd say watch it on DVD and skip all the scenes where there isn't tons of arse kicking.

Comment

I wouldn't say don't watch it. I'd say watch it on DVD and skip all the scenes where there isn't tons of arse kicking.
            No thanks I will pass. I just can't even sit through 5 minutes of stuff like that.

Comment

No thanks I will pass. I just can't even sit through 5 minutes of stuff like that.
              It's a firework display rather than a piece of drama.

Comment

It's a firework display rather than a piece of drama.
                I didn't even care for Saving Private Ryan too much. I thought the war scenes were exceptional because it was the first time we saw such realism in war movies but as far as the plot, I wasn't really moved by it.

It was good, just not as great as some make it out to be. My favorite war movie has to be Apocalypse Now. The acting and creepiness of it is still amazing to me.

Comment

I didn't even care for Saving Private Ryan too much. I thought the war scenes were exceptional because it was the first time we saw such realism in war movies but as far as the plot, I wasn't really moved by it.

It was good, just not as great as some make it out to be. My favorite war movie has to be Apocalypse Now. The acting and creepiness of it is still amazing to me.
                  Apocalypse Now was of course an adaptation of Conrad's classic Heart of Darkness so I'd expect the story and mood to be better. Saving Private Ryan was good but have you watched Band of Brothers?

Comment

Apocalypse Now was of course an adaptation of Conrad's classic Heart of Darkness so I'd expect the story and mood to be better. Saving Private Ryan was good but have you watched Band of Brothers?
                    Loved Band Of Brothers, very good and had deeper story lines. I also liked the one about the Pacific on HBO or Showtime a while back

Comment

was the movie about canadian spec ops?

Comment

Working...
                      X