No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: Hopkins is Weak Physically and Mentally

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: Hopkins is Weak Physically and Mentally

At the post-fight press conference, Chad Dawson continued to rip Bernard Hopkins over Saturday's controversial main event at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Dawson (31-1, 18KOs) stopped Hopkins (52-6-2, 32KOs) in the second round to capture the WBC light heavyweight title. Hopkins, who rushed in to throw a punch, leaned over Dawson - who used his shoulder to push Hopkins off. The veteran fell and suffered a left shoulder injury. He was unable to continue and the referee ruled a TKO victory for Dawson.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hopkins is garbage. He's always relied on dirty tactics to win fights, he can't win without excessive clinching, headbutts and hugging. And when things are not going his way he starts acting like he's hurt to buy time or buy his way out of a fight. Hopkins is no hall of a famer. He'll make it just for making it into a ring at 46 but he won't be remembered as a true hall of famer or legend by anyone but his 4 worldwide fans.

Comment

Hopkins is a great fighter but he wanted no part of Chad Dawson.

Comment

I can understand being angered at the result but I do hope he realizes that he fought a 46 year old man who would have put up an entirely different fight a decade ago.

Comment

He's sure as hell weak physically. He had all the leverage, and Chad lifted him using just his freaking shoulders. He didn't put a hand on his leg until Hopkins had both feet off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
            Hopkins is garbage. He's always relied on dirty tactics to win fights, he can't win without excessive clinching, headbutts and hugging. And when things are not going his way he starts acting like he's hurt to buy time or buy his way out of a fight. Hopkins is no hall of a famer. He'll make it just for making it into a ring at 46 but he won't be remembered as a true hall of famer or legend by anyone but his 4 worldwide fans.
            thisx10000000

Originally posted by cja07007 View Post
            hopkins is a great cheat and a clown

Comment

Since Dawson seems to consider himself a real man, he should give Bernard a rematch - even on ESPN. Pretty positive Bernard would want a rematch, even if he gets to have the belt back. I think ESPN would gladly accept such a relatively huge fight. Money was kinda wasted on the PPV, so it would be great to see if done properly, for free. I wish Bernard a speedy, full recovery. Chad turned me off with his BS. I thought he was supposed to be this humble Dawson, but he instead turned out to be an *******. Wanting an old man to continue to fight with one arm is low. Assuming he was faking it was wrong. Chad may have won it in the end, had it gone on, but I doubt Bernard would make it easy for him. Laugh if you want, but I think a stoppage would be possible, since they seemed to go a bit wild in there - the momentum would make it possible. I could see a Chad KO, too, mind you - he looked pretty strong to me, unlike in his last fight before this one. We can only speculate now. Such a shame it ended the way it did...

Comment

chad dawson is a beast, he could probably outbox vitali to a easy decision win

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                  Hopkins is a great fighter. You internet scrubs are garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by cja07007 View Post
                    Bernard could have easily retired a while ago. Quit being a moron, if you can.

Comment

Working...
                    X