Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lulz at floyd fans coming on here talking about hand picked opponents.

at least manny does what he's supposed to do with these guys, in a way that no one has done to them before.

manny, and I don't know how smart this is, not only outclasses his opponents but he also out-toughens them. he goes toe to toe with them and allows them to land shots so he can prove he's just as tough as they are.

dude is an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Yes take them out.

And, is a shame that Whitaker got robbed against JCC and that he didn't get the decision against Oscar. A past prime Whitaker made a prime and I mean 1997 prime Oscar look silly at times.

And, DeJesus and Marcel should be in the HOF for Duran.

Cerefino Garcia should also be in the HOF.

All them should be in the HOF before Cotto and Hatton. If Cotto gets in the HOF so should Donald Curry and Wilfredo Vazquez. Both are more deserving. If Hatton gets in the HOF, then I won't know what to say.
      Jogre Castro and Hiroshi Kobayashi should be in HOF as well, 2 others Duran beat.

Personally don't think Garcia should be in, although less deserving people have gotten in.

Comment

Originally posted by Swazye510 View Post
        Is a bum... fighting weight drained, past prime, unskilled boxers.

cant wait till floyd beat his ass and all the *******s crying
        first post - you must be the son of stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Manny is a great fighter. I have been watching boxing since 1979. He is a great champion but he simply isn't the greatest fighter I have seen. He is not better than floyd, sweet pea, leonard, hagler, duran, chavez, or ricardo lopez. Of course me saying he isn't as good as these guys is like saying Kobe isn't as good as Jordan or Magic.

To me he most closely resembles Mike Tyson. The scary power and a killer instinct but still makes too many mistakes that only great boxers can and have exploited.

Manny's greatness is the fact his body has allowed him to move up in weight and accomplish things that no other man has or will. Major props fopr that.

What I am surprised about is all the praise he is getting for beeating Margacheato. While he did beat his a$$ badly, he was a 5-1 favorite. This was expected to happen.

Now if he wins when he is not the favorite (and you all know there is only 1 fight he wont go in the favorite) then I may feel as strongly as Cuauhtémoc1502
          You're acting like he hasn't won a fight as being the underdog.

And, he might not be the most skilled fighter. Yes Lopez is probably the most perfect technical skilled fighter in my lifetime. He is more skilled than Pac no doubt. But, is he greater than Pacquaio? No, can't even hold Pac jockstrap when it comes to ranking greatness. And, I love Finito but that is the truth.

When we're talking greatness yes skills comes into play. But, that is not all there is to it. And, plus Pac is skilled. He might not be in the skill level of a Whitaker but he is skilled. But, you also have to take into account resumes and accomplishments along with skill when talking about greatness. And, Pac is up there.

IMHO in my lifetime only Whitaker can say he is greater than Pac.

Comment

Pac beats everyone at 140-154.

There, I'm not betting against him ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Manny is a great fighter. I have been watching boxing since 1979. He is a great champion but he simply isn't the greatest fighter I have seen. He is not better than floyd, sweet pea, leonard, hagler, duran, chavez, or ricardo lopez. Of course me saying he isn't as good as these guys is like saying Kobe isn't as good as Jordan or Magic.

To me he most closely resembles Mike Tyson. The scary power and a killer instinct but still makes too many mistakes that only great boxers can and have exploited.

Manny's greatness is the fact his body has allowed him to move up in weight and accomplish things that no other man has or will. Major props fopr that.

What I am surprised about is all the praise he is getting for beeating Margacheato. While he did beat his a$$ badly, he was a 5-1 favorite. This was expected to happen.

Now if he wins when he is not the favorite (and you all know there is only 1 fight he wont go in the favorite)
              then I may feel as strongly as Cuauhtémoc1502

he's done this before, multiple times. not one time like your boy.

manny wins the fights he's expected too spectacularly at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                You failed to understand what this man has done. Forget beating Marg, I had him beating Marg anyway but not the way he did. He punished Marg and beat a bigger stronger man like it was nothing.

He beat up on Cotto, he beat JMM twice (even though I had it draw and a win for JMM) his resume speaks for it'self.

Pac is an ATG and I'm sorry but Leonard, Chavez, DLH, Whitaker...none of them have accomplished what Pac has in the sport.

It's time to stop the hatred, put aside the biased and give props where they are due.

maybe Finito Lopez can be compared but the other's on your list just don't match up.
                The fact that you are getting this excited about Pac now after the Marg win makes your opinion irrelevant to me..

This is Marg. Marg sucks. He was off for a year after getting the ****t beat out of him. Then barely beat a journeyman. Marg has 6 losses. He was, and always will be overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by crookshanks View Post
                  margo is tailor made for pac. no defense and slow.
                  it makes no sense fighting any1 now in days because its always gonna be this guy or that guy is tailor made or w.e. dont try 2 take away the w man. and dont say marg is a bum cuz floyd ducked him 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
                    The fact that you are getting this excited about Pac now after the Marg win makes your opinion irrelevant to me..

This is Marg. Marg sucks. He was off for a year after getting the ****t beat out of him. Then barely beat a journeyman. Marg has 6 losses. He was, and always will be overrated.
                    there are also Cotto, Marquez, MAB (who he was at least a 6 to 1 underdog), Clottey, Ledwaba (where Pac was the underdog again) and others.

Comment

Originally posted by crookshanks View Post
                      margo is tailor made for pac. no defense and slow.
                      Yea and what happened when Margo confronted Floyd...Floyd became Stuttering Fraudly.

Comment

Working...
                      X