No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns vs. Miguel Vazquez Targeted For September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns vs. Miguel Vazquez Targeted For September

Promoter Eddie Hearn plans to bring back WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns (36-2, 11KOs) on a date in September. The event will once again take place at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow, Scotland. Burns returned to the venue on Saturday and stopped Jose Gonzalez in nine rounds after the Puerto Rico challenger, ahead 87-84 on all three scorecards, was unable to continue due to an injured left wrist.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'd love this to be at a neutral venue

Comment

On last night's form, Burns won't be champion for long.

Comment

Vazquez does not hit hard so he needs this fight to take place on neutral ground to win a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
          Vazquez does not hit hard so he needs this fight to take place on neutral ground to win a decision.
          Vasquez has no fanbase so he needs this fight to take place somewhere that his opponent does so he can get paid.

Seriously, he has a style worse than Carlos Molina's and I hope he loses. Dont see how he will though.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
            It would be better for the fight to take place in a neutral venue, but if Vazquez dominates the fight(which I think he will)I don't think it should make much difference if it's in Scotland, Mexico or on neutral grounds cause last night Gonzalez was ahead 87-84 on all 3 judges scorecards before he folded like a taco & quit like a little B I T C H on his stool.. Even thou the judges were neutral(how it should be) none were from Scotland nor Puerto Rico, they were all from the u.s.(Nevada, Connecticut & New York) & even the ref was neutral cause Mora(who is not that good of a ref) in also from Nevada.. If they keep it this way for the Vazquez fight, he shouldn't have a problem getting the decision if he earns it..

Comment

Ricky Burns fought a poorly conditioned fighter with very little movement and was getting beat. Miguel Vasquez will have target practice with him all day. Hearns talking but Burns isn't.

Comment

Vazquez just needs neutral judges and he got this in the bag.

Gonzalez had neutral judges and they scored it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                  Ricky Burns fought a poorly conditioned fighter with very little movement and was getting beat. Miguel Vasquez will have target practice with him all day. Hearns talking but Burns isn't.
                  Ricky Burns fought an opponent with orangutang arms and power in both hands.

The combination of reach and power kept Burns off him, but Vasquez has a shorter reach and limited power.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Vazquez just needs neutral judges and he got this in the bag.

Gonzalez had neutral judges and they scored it right.
                    I think it's because he was doing so much that there was no way you could give Ricky a Round. Against Vasquez, Burns could probably take some by doing just a little bit more. Gesta got some rounds and I had that fight a shut out

Comment

Working...
                    X