No announcement yet.

Fighters with underrated speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters with underrated speed

Which guys were fast that hardly get mentioned?

Just watching Barrera - Hamed and Barrera had an easy time landing counters not just because of his timing but there wasnt a large difference in speed either.

Hearns gets underrated sometimes but mostly by noobs and not so for hardcore fans.

Marvin Hagler
    Marlon Starling.

Comment

Barrera definitely.

Comment

roberto duran at 30yrs old able to wobble leonard from the outside as well as get to hagler at the age of 33 to swell up the left side of his face.

Comment

Wladamir Klitschko

And what kind of r3tard would say that Hearn's isn't fast?! Maybe not at combos but at single punches, he's on of the fastest I've ever seen.

Comment

147 Cotto, deceptively fast

Comment

Not sure how Hearns is underrated, some of the fastest hands ever, especially the jab.

I've always said that Foreman's speed is underrated, people think he was much slower than he actually was.

Comment

David Tua

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                I've always said that Foreman's speed is underrated, people think he was much slower than he actually was.
                This one too. His hands were average speed, sometimes a bit faster. But he has some of the most telegraphed punches you'll ever see, that's probably why people think he was so slow.

A hurricane is predictable too, in his defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                  Not sure how Hearns is underrated, some of the fastest hands ever, especially the jab.

Yeah I agree, Ive thought so too about Foreman. Prime foreman everyone acts like he was super slow but he was average at worst. If he was that slow he wouldnt have been getting all of those knockouts because he wouldnt be landing. In his return, yes he was slow but still got through sometimes due to good timing.

The hearns thing, I shouldnt have brought up in the classic section, because its generally noobs underrating it, people that didnt watch the fights.

Comment

i agree with foreman even in his comeback he was quicker than people thought his jab especially wasnt slow , and hearns i also cant see how anyone thought he wasnt fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X