Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'He's (Floyd) only arrogant in front of the cameras': Mark Melligen Interview Contin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    It was a one-fight deal, not an actual endorsement. That came straight from the official Reebok (and AT&T) spokesperson, but like the head of HBO Sports, they're liars only because he contradicts Floyd "Reebok does not currently have an endorsement contract with Floyd Mayweather Jr. We had a relationship with him in 2009 and earlier this year, which was centered around two specific fights".

-Reebok spokesman Daniel Sarro

"AT&T does not sponsor Floyd Mayweather Jr. We have sponsored several boxing matches, including one that Mr. Mayweather fought in, but AT&T hasn’t and currently does not sponsor Mr. Mayweather personally . . . . The initial media report stating that we sponsored him was wrong and we are in the process of correcting that".

-AT&T Spokesman Steve Schwadron

The 'Money' persona he created with Haymon and Ellerbe has paid dividends in PPV (when he fights once every year or every other year), but it torpedoed what could've been a very lucrative and long-standing endorsement portfolio. Could've been like Ali, living off of Gatorade/Nike/etc residuals forever but once he runs out of money, which is inevitable, he'll have to fight for it when he has no business in a boxing ring.

He is commercial acid and no self-respecting company would want to be associated with him.
    floyd out his own mouth said it was a 1 fight deal but the thing is whenever floyd fights they reebok will probably do it again.
    floyd has a sportscenter commercial if you never seen it and floyd has made more money than any other boxer besides delahoya in the last 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by theprince View Post
      it was a one-fight deal, not an actual endorsement. That came straight from the official reebok (and at&t) spokesperson, but like the head of hbo sports, they're liars only because he contradicts floyd

"reebok does not currently have an endorsement contract with floyd mayweather jr. We had a relationship with him in 2009 and earlier this year, which was centered around two specific fights".

-reebok spokesman daniel sarro

"at&t does not sponsor floyd mayweather jr. We have sponsored several boxing matches, including one that mr. Mayweather fought in, but at&t hasn’t and currently does not sponsor mr. Mayweather personally . . . . The initial media report stating that we sponsored him was wrong and we are in the process of correcting that".

-at&t spokesman steve schwadron

the 'money' persona he created with haymon and ellerbe has paid dividends in ppv (when he fights once every year or every other year), but it torpedoed what could've been a very lucrative and long-standing endorsement portfolio. Could've been like ali, living off of gatorade/nike/etc residuals forever but once he runs out of money, which is inevitable, he'll have to fight for it when he has no business in a boxing ring.

He is commercial acid and no self-respecting company would want to be associated with him.
      wow u actually care this much

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        I dont claim to know Floyd at all, I really don't but...I've chatted on AOL with him a few times and met him in person in the gym and outside the gym a few times, been around him in private settings, talked with him and, really, I cant say ANYTHING bad about the guy...he was very cool...
        thanks Iceman for your input, imho public perception of some celeb are sometime different or exaggerated from the celebs actual private selves ...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
          sad thing is he knew the only way that he could be a huge PPV attraction was if he created this persona, look at his early fights he looked like a real nice humble kid.
          Do you see how Larry Merchant tried to **** on him after every fight.

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
          if he back up his trashtalking..............................he wouldnt get sooo much 'hate"...........................
          He has yet to lose. What are you talkin bout?

Originally posted by pwnthee View Post
          There was this nice humble kid named Oscar De La Hoya that made more money than anybody. Floyd doesn't have the right style for a bad guy role. He's doing it wrong, and it IS hurting his bottom line. Nice guys get better sponsorship deals and DO make more money if they've got the talent or the charisma to back it up.

Mike Tyson had it. He could be the Baddest Man on the Planet and make people love him. Floyd can't. People tune in hoping he'll lose. He'd be making A LOT more money if he were wearing the good guy hat (and, ya know, clearing out the divisions).

The only reason Pacquiao isn't a bigger star (yet) is because his English speaking is ****. Get him sounding fluent and he'll easily surpass Floyd in the star department. Only a couple of years ago, most would've said Pacquiao vs. Mosley/Cotto/Marg/etc was too dangerous for Manny. Now, everyone says it's a mismatch in his favor, lol. Who would've ever thought?

Manny is doing it RIGHT and Floyd is doing it WRONG. People wanna criticize him for making the Mosley and Clottey fights. Clottey would've beat Margarito had he not broken his hand and Mosley KNOCKED OUT Margarito, and rocked Floyd with the best punch to ever hit Floyd thus far in Floyd's career. Besides, it's not like he's fighting gimmies like Baldomir or Forbes. Clottey is a very good fighter who just happened to fight one of the worst performances of his life because he happened to be in against the filipino buzzsaw.

[Let me make it clear that I respect Baldomir and Forbes, but these guys did not belong in the ring with Floyd. Glorified tune-ups.]
          Keep it real. De la Hoya had a certain look that carried him. In the US they like for black celebrities to stay in their place. When you step outside that you are hated. I never saw a problem with a fighter saying I'm better than the other guy. Its kinda the whole point in a fight right. Look how Mosley's career panned out. He is begging for fights and he has had as much success in the ring as Oscar.
          Floyd is a chump because he moved up to fight Baldomir but its OK for Pac to fight Diaz who's much worse. Yall kill me trying to act so moral and upstanding when it comes to Floyd. Yall dont know Floyd or Pac so how do you decide if they're good people or bad. Mike Tyson? Yeah Americans love it when you are black and a lil slow. Its cool to threaten to literally rape the media. Its cool to say crazy things as long as they think you got LD.

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          So Reebok is not a respectable product???????
          Or AT&T. Even if its not long term contracts they had to cut a check.

Comment

being nice to a few guys (like members of your team, a few guys in the media) and beating up women, poking guards, and coming up with racist remarks.....

still makes you a dick.

Comment

I could care less about what happens to boxers outside the ring.
              You won't see me in threads dealing with a boxer's personal life.
              What I find amazing is this constant justification to whatever
              Floyd does. If he chooses to portray this evil persona in public,
              then I don't see the point of getting butt-hurt if people hates you
              for it. I thought that's the whole point, the more people hate you
              the better. It's certainly working. Why complain about it? It sells
              PPVs, is it not?

He was with Arum at the Superbowl, for example. They didn't talk
              about boxing. Obviously, Floyd's mind is still not set to fight Pac,
              period! The guy just doesn't give a **** about fans. Defending that
              guy is just mind-boggling to me. Unless he's genuinely scared of
              Pac. Even then, there's gotta be a point where all support for him
              cease to exist and realize that he is indeed being a pu$$y. If I am
              a Floyd fan, I'd certainly want to see him whoop Pac's azz in the
              ring. I can't defend that guy for disappointing me.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                I could care less about what happens to boxers outside the ring.
                You won't see me in threads dealing with a boxer's personal life.
                What I find amazing is this constant justification to whatever
                Floyd does. If he chooses to portray this evil persona in public,
                then I don't see the point of getting butt-hurt if people hates you
                for it. I thought that's the whole point, the more people hate you
                the better. It's certainly working. Why complain about it? It sells
                PPVs, is it not?

He was with Arum at the Superbowl, for example. They didn't talk
                about boxing. Obviously, Floyd's mind is still not set to fight Pac,
                period! The guy just doesn't give a **** about fans. Defending that
                guy is just mind-boggling to me. Unless he's genuinely scared of
                Pac. Even then, there's gotta be a point where all support for him
                cease to exist and realize that he is indeed being a pu$$y. If I am
                a Floyd fan, I'd certainly want to see him whoop Pac's azz in the
                ring. I can't defend that guy for disappointing me
                You take this **** to serious if as a fan of any fighter if said fighter disappoints you. Nobody I don't personally has ever disappointed me cause what they do has no affect on my life. I can do nothing but laugh in the face of people who are disappointed by the actions of athletes and people they don't know. That type of stuff says more about you than it says about them.

A father abandoning his family is disappointing to that family. Sports is sports that **** ain't personal.

**** is wrong with some of yall?!?!?!?

Comment

we all know Floyd tranforms into "Money" when the cameras is on....his image is fake...but dude can box his ass off....thats what counts at the end of the day in my book

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                    You take this **** to serious if as a fan of any fighter if said fighter disappoints you. Nobody I don't personally has ever disappointed me cause what they do has no affect on my life. I can do nothing but laugh in the face of people who are disappointed by the actions of athletes and people they don't know. That type of stuff says more about you than it says about them.

A father abandoning his family is disappointing to that family. Sports is sports that **** ain't personal.

**** is wrong with some of yall?!?!?!?
                    LOL I feel you on that, they take it so personal, hell I just bet on the fighters and make money off of them..... I am not looking for a hero for my son.... I am his hero, not some boxer!! lol not some football player!!!!

People have officially lost their minds...

GROWN ASS MEN DOING THE SAMETHING WOMEN DO WHEN IT COMES TO ACTORS AND MOVIE STARS...

READING THEM GOSSIP COLUMNS AND REPORTS ABOUT WHAT TIME STARS TAKE ****S, AND WHAT TIME THEY EAT OR SLEEP... WHO CARES LOL!!!!

THESE PEOPLE ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT......I LIKE FLOYD FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT VALUE, I PERSONALLY DONT KNOW HIM SO THERES NO REASON FOR ME TO HATE SOMEONE....

WHAT I DO KNOW IS THIS.. USUALLY WHEN SOMEONE ACTS A CERTAIN WAY THEY ARE USUALLY DIFFERENT....

HELL MORE THAN LIKELY PAC IS A WIFE BEATER... HE CHEATS ON HIS WIFE ETC, SLEEPS WITH HOOKERS ETC... BUT STILL I DONT PAY FOR THE BACK STORY, I ONLY WANNA SEE HIM SWING HIS FISTS..

I MEAN IN ALL HONESTY, DO YOU REALLY EXPECT PAC TO ONLY LOVE JINKEE?? WHEN YOU HAVE MEN THAT MAKE $7.00 AN HOUR SLEEPING WITH OTHER WOMEN...MOST PEOPLE ON THIS SITE HAVE PICS OF WOMEN THEY WISH THEY COULD GET...

AND IF THEY WERE MILLIONAIRES, THEY WOULD BE SLEEPING WITH THEM....JINKEE ISNT THE CUTEST NOW BE HONEST...

TIGER WOODS, HIS WIFE WASNT FINE AT ALL... THE MAN IS A DAMN BILLIONAIRE, OF COURSE HES GOING TO SLEEP AROUND. HIS WIFE LOOKS LIKE YOUR TYPICAL WHITE WOMAN YOU WOULD SEE SHOPPING THROUGHOUT THE WEEK.HERES A MAN THAT HAS ENOUGH MONEY TO EAT BREAKFAST IN PARIS EVERYDAY, FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.... OF COURSE HES GONNA FU#K OTHER WOMEN?!! JORDAN ETC. FLOYD AS WELL, ONE SECOND ITS CHILLI THEN ITS SOMEONE ELSE...

WHAT FLOYD DOES PERSONALLY IS NOT MY CONCERN OR PROBLEM...HOW MANY OF YOU bought a payperview expecting to see manny with the prostitute???
                    Or Floyd poke a security guard, yet everyone keeps bringing these things up....Theres a post right now saying floyd wants to be a thug, so he cant meet OBAMA.......

WHO WAKES UP AND SAY, I WANNA MEET OBAMA TODAY??? LOL

NO ONE WANTS TO MEET ANY OF THEM DAMN LIARS UP THERE IN WASHINGTON LOL.
                    NOW IF SOME *******/***** IS HURT BY WHAT I JUST STATED, THEN MY POINT IS PROVEN....
                    Last edited by QADASHBANYAH; 02-08-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                      sad thing is he knew the only way that he could be a huge PPV attraction was if he created this persona, look at his early fights he looked like a real nice humble kid.
                      Not only that, his early fights indicate that he would be one of the greatest fighters ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X