No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson-Kendall Holt Early ESPN Fight Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson-Kendall Holt Early ESPN Fight Results

In an opening bout that was far more competitive and far more entertaining than expected, Raul Lopez defeated DeWayne Wisdom by unanimous decision.The scorecards were 59-55 (twice) and 58-56.

What those scorecards don’t reveal is how difficult a bout Wisdom — who had lost far more than he had won — gave Lopez, who saw the entire complexion of the bout change in the second round. Lopez had knocked Wisdom down early in the second with a sustained body attack, only to get knocked down hard at the end of that same stanza, when Wisdom landed a left hook as Lopez was pulling straight back. [Click Here To Read More]

Did Rios destroy every ounce of confidence in Lamonts brother??? Why did Anthony retire after one loss?

Comment

Great action fight from Lamont Peterson

That being said, I'm not sure tonight's performance would beat rival Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

And with Lamont's post fight, I'm not sure Lamont's performance tonight would beat Danny Garcia either.

Oh well, onward and upward.

Comment

Seemed like it was mostly ring rust, but something was a bit off about him, going forward as well. Kinda lost a little edge to his game.

Either way, I wanna see Garcia/Peterson NOW!

Comment

Petersons looping shots and style so akward that its hard for anyone to defend against.. this is why Broner best stay at 135 like I said what's he going to do at 140 against guys like Peterson and Rios that can not only take his shots but walk through them and keep coming, Broner "0" will go real quick @ 140 he best reassesse.

Comment

NOW Shut Up About Holt!!! No Stamina, No Chin!

NOW...lets line up Lamont Peterson with Brandon Rios. Rios gets no A-level fight in this weight class, until he fights legitimate contenders, in the prime of their career, who have also fought and beaten contenders. I don't want to see this loud mouth Rios getting a Pacquiao or Junior Mayweather or Marquez, without dominating a Peterson, or Maidana, or Matthysse, or Danny Garcia, or Guerrero, or Bradley (Bradley won't fight anyone). AND LET'S SEE Lamont Peterson fight Matthysse, or Danny Garcia, or Maidana now.

Comment

I give props to a very game Holt he was trying his hardest to win that fight. Peterson did he thing tonight in front of his hometown fans. It good to see a good turnout out there in DC.

Comment

Yeah, it was nice to hear Peterson's hometown cheering him on. Great fight also. Peterson's power was too much for Holt.

Comment

And with Lamont's post fight, I'm not sure Lamont's performance tonight would beat Danny Garcia either.

Oh well, onward and upward.
                    Garcia didn't do Holt like that. Peterson was typical Peterson tonight for once he stayed on his feet. He's a problem for anyone cuz he hits u with hard looping shots u can't see or time..

Comment

Working...
                    X