No announcement yet.

Cotto's boxing style reminds me of...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tis4u2envy View Post
    And your favorite fighters are Floyd and Mike Tyson??? LMAO WTF do you know that school boards all over the great US have had discussions about changing the word Heartless and Chicken to Mayweather. Look it up CNN posted this on there website like a few weeks ago.
    if u saw some of floyds few harder fights u would know he isnt heartless. get in a ring and then tell me a world champion caliber boxer is a chicken.. punk..

Comment

Originally posted by tis4u2envy View Post
      And your favorite fighters are Floyd and Mike Tyson??? LMAO WTF do you know that school boards all over the great US have had discussions about changing the word Heartless and Chicken to Mayweather. Look it up CNN posted this on there website like a few weeks ago.

Two of the 50 greatest fighters of all time. Yes, that Floyd and Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        if u saw some of floyds few harder fights u would know he isnt heartless. get in a ring and then tell me a world champion caliber boxer is a chicken.. punk..
        I have served my time in the ring you ***** ass.. 10 years fighting in the backyards of Camden, New Jersey 08102 read a little bit of our history before you call someone a punk. I have sparred with Prince Badi and Omar Shieka. So No I didn't make it pro but I'll call it like I see it, I ain't never backed from a fight and although I like both Floyd and Mike. Floyd is a ducking son of a ***** period. I tell you what I love boxing and have followed it for a long time but for someone to call Cotto Heartless when your favorite fighters quit before they even fight now thats heartless. I don't care what you say even if you are Floyds mother or father he is scarred to fight the bigger WW period. Cotto, Margarito, PW even Shane Mosley. Mark my words he will never fight either of those guys say what you want. Don't you guys find it funny he is always making excuses, you don't get tired of defending that. **** I rather get my **** rocked and be respected then run and hide and be laughed at by real fighters. Oh and to #1 assassin I beat the Queer out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          This thread is a massive failure on my part so far.
          Why? Its something different/better than the usual fair. But I see no similarities with POPO. The thing I like about Cotto is the guy seems to have IMO a very original style and set of abilities. He is a brawler, mostly but with underrated fluidity, combinations and hand speed. He was a brutal punisher at 140, very punishing at 147 and very exciting to watch. He has some problems he needs to correct to climb to the top of the heap though. He needs to improve his right hand. Maybe this is not possible with his old injury but if he had a little better right and could throw a looping right at times watch out. He needs to up his punch output and improve his stamina. This is doable and just needs to be a focal point for his training camp. He needs to move his head, not rely on puting up the guard as a main defensive move and be careful of leaning forward too much exposing himself to the uppercut.

Comment

I don't really see it Casamayor-Freitas, but I definietly saw it in Corrales-Freitas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              hmmm.......i can see where you are going with this and i guess there are similarities in the way, they both use a wide stance and they always look set to throw power punches, if need be.

I think Cotto has a better defence than Popo, but yeah whilst i dont fully agree with the comparison i can see where you are coming from and its not ridiculous or anything.

I suppose its like comparing DLH to Arguello or Tyson to Frazier they are all completely different but you can still draw similarities with them.
              Now that I've had some time to think about what similiarites there are, I think I saw a similiarity in their movement more than anything. They don't have that silky smooth movement... they both move effectively, but it just looks a lot different than most fighters who move effectively.

Plus, they are technically solid and throw a lot of vicious combinations, definitely moreso than most other technically sound boxers.

Your last paragraph sums it up. Most people in this thread are right that they really aren't that close in style, but... there definitely are some things that one does that reminds me of the other.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                Now that I've had some time to think about what similiarites there are, I think I saw a similiarity in their movement more than anything. They don't have that silky smooth movement... they both move effectively, but it just looks a lot different than most fighters who move effectively.

Plus, they are technically solid and throw a lot of vicious combinations, definitely moreso than most other technically sound boxers.

Your last paragraph sums it up. Most people in this thread are right that they really aren't that close in style, but... there definitely are some things that one does that reminds me of the other.
                not really. cotto fav and most thrown punch is the left hook to the body and freitas' fav punch was the right hand to the head.

they are not similar much if at all.

Comment

Working...
                X