No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Golovkin Looking to Expand to L.A. Area, Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Golovkin Looking to Expand to L.A. Area, Vegas

It was a good crowd for Gennady Golovkin’s first foray into the big room at New York City’s Madison Square Garden. But with the middleweight titleholder likely to return in October or November, and with basketball’s New York Knicks and hockey’s New York Rangers calling that arena home, boxing’s Mecca may be quite busy with other sports this fall.

“If it can’t be in the big arena, we would find a different location. We really want to branch out,” said Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, which promotes Golovkin. “I mean, he trains in [Los Angeles], and he gets mobbed by fans when he goes to the fights there in L.A. And also Vegas is a market that’s very interested in hosting Gennady. So we want to develop him in all the different cities, but New York is clearly the media capital, which is part of the reason why he’s been so successful.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

That is a good way to get a Canelo Fight.

Comment

Damnit... let this last one be at MSG so I can go before I leave

Comment

Damnit. I was just getting used to NYC. Booooo

Comment

I hate both Cotto and Canelo. He should Fight Canelo at the Staples and he should fight Cotto at MSG.

Comment

StubHub Please.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
              I hate both Cotto and Canelo. He should Fight Canelo at the Staples and he should fight Cotto at MSG.
              Chavez turned down 15 million. My gut tells me Corto and Canelo would turn GGG a down for 25 million. Maybe 30

Comment

I Love It; Cotto Is Already In Ducking Mode Because "No PPV Experience" From GGG

So Gennady needs to lock down a 2014 PPV from The Forum with Chavez Jr, followed by Vegas with Quillin to put Cotto's excuse to rest. Cotto can't beat Canelo, so that's the real problem. Canelo beats Cotto at 154, then what is Cotto going to do with the middleweight title he won from a shot 40 year old???? Avoid a unification fight with the other Middleweight Champion because you claim he has no PPV experience??? Don't you have enough pride Cotto to see who the best really is??? Or are you going to play all Mayweather's cards that nobody really deserves to fight you because of their lack of PPV numbers??? I can see where Cotto is heading with all this. Gennady has been very adamant about cleaning up the division, unifying the belts, fighting only the best, biggest fights; he can't be calling out the best any better. But Cotto is going to milk his position and avoid the best Middleweight in the World in GGG.
                Last edited by TLC8; 07-28-2014, 11:58 PM.

Comment

There's only one logical option in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                    Damnit. I was just getting used to NYC. Booooo
                    Sucks, really wanted him hear in the East Coast... but this seems inevitable. He trains there, his family is moving there and I didn't think they'd keep him there for long

Comment

Working...
                    X