No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Chad Dawson Discusses His Comeback in Carson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Chad Dawson Discusses His Comeback in Carson

Luis Sandoval catches up with former champion Chad Dawson to discuss his return after suffering back to back knockout defeats. Dawson will be featured as part of a Showtime Extreme telecast, which takes place this coming Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

We should've believed Floyd Sr a few years ago when he said Chad has a glass chin, doesn't listen, and is "******ed".

Comment

Originally posted by Macklemore View Post
      We should've believed Floyd Sr a few years ago when he said Chad has a glass chin, doesn't listen, and is "******ed".
      Idiotic post. I tried not to comment, but I had to.

Comment

Originally posted by slindee3 View Post
        Idiotic post. I tried not to comment, but I had to.
        Who are you, his wife?
        It's not like I said he's not talented or a hypejob. But it's obvious that he is stubborn and not too bright which is preventing him from performing at his best. EVERYONE who has worked with him has said that. Floyd Sr, Iceman Scully, his former manager Mike Criscio, the list goes on.

Comment

Who are you, his wife?
          It's not like I said he's not talented or a hypejob. But it's obvious that he is stubborn and not too bright which is preventing him from performing at his best. EVERYONE who has worked with him has said that. Floyd Sr, Iceman Scully, his former manager Mike Criscio, the list goes on.
          As much as I'm a fan of Dawson, I'd have to agree. The problem was never the trainers, it was Dawson. THough, I would'nt call him "retarted" or "not too bright", but I do think he's got a bit of an ego that doesnt' allow him to listen to others' instructions. It's like he's bought into his own boxing ability without learning more.

Comment

He sounds a little bitter over the Adonis fight. Can't really blame him.

Comment

He doesn't have a glass chin, he has a good chin and can take a punch. Dawson's problem has always been mental, and he just doesn't really give a damn about the expectations of him. Chad likes to have things his way regardless of what is said about him and regardless if he wins or loses. Also his skills eroded over the years from switching trainers too switch. This was obviously evident when he switched from Floyd Sr to Eddie Muhammad. I mean watch his fights before Glen Johnson and than watch the Glen Johnson fight.

The guy isn't too bright either, why the hell would you fire Emmanuel Steward and get a new trainer in the middle of an upcoming fight? Chad would have beaten Hopkins easier if he stuck with Steward. Decisions like that also have effected his performance.
              Last edited by Boxingwizard; 06-19-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Chad "don't give a damn about anything" Dawson.

Seriously, who cares about this dude, guy fights like he's sparring, keep him off my tv.

Comment

Dawson talented enough to get back into the mix and back to the Top at 175 easily. It is all on him and how hard he works and STICKING WITH ONE TRAINER!

Comment

Dawson was once real good, don't know if he can get it back. He is not getting any younger.

Comment

Working...
                    X