Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 most violent cities in the world - latest ratings.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    If you guys have HBO, check out the documentaries they have called, Witness.

It's Witness: Juarez

Witness: Rio

Witness: Sudan

Witness:Syria

It's about this American photo journalist that travels the world and just video tapes and takes pictures of these places and what you see is really amazing.

I watched the one's he did in Rio and Juarez. The Favelas (ghettos) in Rio are fukin crazy, their size is amazing. I have never seen ghettos look like that with so many people.
    I loved the one about Rio.. the person they found in the sewer was crazy. And its crazy that the police are supposedly killing and burying the bodies so they don't get reported as a homicide/murder to better their pay.

The Juarez one touched home with me. Just last week a close friend's body was found and the funeral was this Tuesday.

South Sudan was ok, but I did enjoy the Syria one as well. If I'm not mistaken, that's the one that they had a bit on the photographer that got shot & killed. Witness was a success like most HBO pieces are.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      I loved the one about Rio.. the person they found in the sewer was crazy. And its crazy that the police are supposedly killing and burying the bodies so they don't get reported as a homicide/murder to better their pay.

The Juarez one touched home with me. Just last week a close friend's body was found and the funeral was this Tuesday.

South Sudan was ok, but I did enjoy the Syria one as well. If I'm not mistaken, that's the one that they had a bit on the photographer that got shot & killed. Witness was a success like most HBO pieces are.
      I haven't seen Sudan and Syria yet, will watch them on the road to the fight this weekend.

The one in Juarez was crazy the way they just watched the kid die at the end. Just stood around and watched him bleed out.

Rio looks crazy though, I can't get over the size of those Favelas.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I haven't seen Sudan and Syria yet, will watch them on the road to the fight this weekend.

The one in Juarez was crazy the way they just watched the kid die at the end. Just stood around and watched him bleed out.

Rio looks crazy though, I can't get over the size of those Favelas.
        Yeah, the only thing I didn't like was that it was the only 30 minute long episode out of all 4

Comment

Is that show on youtube yet?

Comment

Glad I live in the best city in Mexico...those cartel killing dont reach us here...it really has been getting better here for the past 10 years, but with this fu.cking new president, we may go to the crapper once more(thankfully mexico city doesnt have as much influence from the federal government as the rest...)

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              Glad I live in the best city in Mexico...those cartel killing dont reach us here...it really has been getting better here for the past 10 years, but with this fu.cking new president, we may go to the crapper once more(thankfully mexico city doesnt have as much influence from the federal government as the rest...)

You must live in one of those novela town's huh?

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                You must live in one of those novela town's huh?
                nah... I live in a pretty ugly side of Mexico city...but it really isnt all that bad... everything is close so you can move around to the nicer places pretty easily...but even the bad parts feel safe in comparison to the rest of the country.

Comment

Nieto is going to make it better, just as I predicted. The problem with Calderon was he went after the Cartels and made it tough for them. When things get tough, is when people compete and kill each other.

My cousin told me from day one when it was the last few weeks of Calderon's presidency, that whoever the new president would be, he would get off of the Cartels ass and that would curb the killings.

It has been that way since violence has dropped in Mexico already. the police and Army as as corrupt as the cartels, the answer is in curbing the demand and we know that's not going to happen.

Comment

nah... I live in a pretty ugly side of Mexico city...but it really isnt all that bad... everything is close so you can move around to the nicer places pretty easily...but even the bad parts feel safe in comparison to the rest of the country.

I tell you what.....Women from D.F. are the freakiest women on the planet!

Comment

There is so much wrong with lists like these I don't even know where to begin.

Comment

Working...
                      X