No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hennessy: Klitschko vs Fury Talks Have Taken Place

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hennessy: Klitschko vs Fury Talks Have Taken Place

Tyson Fury's promoter Mick Hennessy says the heavyweight prospect is being lined up for a showdown with either Wladimir or Vitali Klitschko.

Unbeaten 24-year-old Fury will take on Kevin Johnson in Belfast on Saturday in a bout Hennessy says is an official eliminator for the WBC title, which is currently held by Vitali.

But with the elder of the Klitschko brothers uncertain to return to the ring due to his career in politics, Hennessy says he is also in a position to negotiate a showcase bout with WBA, IBF and WBO champion Wladimir.

"I've spoken to Bernd Boente (the Klitschkos' manager) a few times now about fighting Wladimir," he told the Daily Mirror.
    [Click Here To Read More]

fury better not be looking past kevin johnson. he's bg, got good defence & a rock solid chin. kingpin has a great jab & it's his biggest fight since his title shot. it's good to see kingpin get another big fight. he just got an early xmas present with this fight becoming an eliminator. this may be kingpin's last opportunity to get another title shot. tua beat 4 former world champions but has only got 1 title shot because he squandered opportunites like this.

Comment

Price or Fury against either of the Klitschkos would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        fury better not be looking past kevin johnson. he's bg, got good defence & a rock solid chin. kingpin has a great jab & it's his biggest fight since his title shot. it's good to see kingpin get another big fight. he just got an early xmas present with this fight becoming an eliminator. this may be kingpin's last opportunity to get another title shot. tua beat 4 former world champions but has only got 1 title shot because he squandered opportunites like this.
        well said i was thinking exactly the same thing,considering tyson has't beaten anybody of johnsons abilty he certainly seems very confident of smashing johnson,johnson will be probly rubbing his hands together thinking just keep taking me lightly.still think tyson on points though.

Comment

Why are they rushing Fury to a Klitschko? Maybe Fury knows he won't go too far, so he's looking for the big cash of a Klitschko fight just for the payday and spotlight. I would like to see Fury get punished though, another British loudmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
            Why are they rushing Fury to a Klitschko? Maybe Fury knows he won't go too far, so he's looking for the big cash of a Klitschko fight just for the payday and spotlight. I would like to see Fury get punished though, another British loudmouth.
            They might as well do it now and get it over with. It's unlikely Fury will ever see this type of money again. This is huge money. Fighting a Klitschko is a life changing experience. Most likely you will get your ass whooped, but you'll also make more than ever before. Even though the brothers get the lions share, Fury will make a great amount. Also Fury is still young, so maybe he can bounce back when he fails miserably.

Comment

Mick Hennessy's version of "talks with Bernd Boente" equates to spamming him on Twitter and "liking" his Facebook page. Don't hold your breath for a fight to be made.

Comment

Hennessy is in tremendous shape

Comment

Its just fight week talk for Fury.....

Comment

We'll see how good Fury is against Johnson, I'm tipping he's going to have his hands full but will scrape an undeserved decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X