No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Kirkland's Ring Return Tentative For March 5th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Kirkland's Ring Return Tentative For March 5th

BoxingScene.com was advised by manager Cameron Dunkin that junior middleweight James Kirkland (25-0, 22KOs) is possibly going to return on March 5th at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California in a non-televised bout on the Saul Alvarez-Matthew Hatton undercard. Kirkland is relocating from Texas to Las Vegas, Nevada. Dunkin tells BoxingScene that Kirkland is scheduled to arrive in the first week of February and plans to start camp with new trainer Kenny Adams.

[Click Here To Read More]

hell yeah I have faith Kenny Adams is the guy to keep james in the right direction. If so watch out 154

Comment

hopefully kirkland gets everything fixed.

Comment

He shoulda kept his female trainer.she made him into what he is today imo

Comment

anybody know what happened with him and Anne wolf ??

Comment

Why did he drop Anne Wolf? She was doing good with him I thought!

Comment

He's been out of the ring for two years come March and Adams is better coaching the lower level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by imisupu View Post
                Why did he drop Anne Wolf? She was doing good with him I thought!
                Maybe she dropped him for violating his probation more than once and didn't want to deal with him anymore. I remember seeing an interview with her where she stated that Kirkland would be out soon and they would pick up where they left off. But that was several months ago so anything could have happened...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  hell yeah I have faith Kenny Adams is the guy to keep james in the right direction. If so watch out 154
                  I wonder if he's going to get back to 154. I have a feeling he will compaign at middleweight for a while.

Comment

I think the main reason he's no longer with Wolfe is because they want to get him out of texas and away from trouble.

And do you guys even know who Adams is?? he's a fantastic trainer. He is no nonsense, he's an ex-drill sergeant. He WILL keep Kirkland in check or he'll be dropped. Wolfe is great for conditioning and strength, etc, but she's limited I believe in what she can do for Kirkland she wants him to be a beast and that's it, but Adams will correct the obvious flaws in Kirkland's game. It will not be an option for Kirkland to ignore these flaws any longer. Adams doesn't play around, he isn't in it for money he's turned down millions of dollars for the same reason. For example he was working with Edwin Valero and Valero was ignoring certain things and wanted to train his way and Adams dropped him just like that, despite all the potential money.

I think it's a great move for Kirkland.

Comment

Working...
                    X