No announcement yet.

As you guys can recall, I was thinking of buying a bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
    No apparently the driver next to Paul was not paying attention and was closing in on him and his bike and Paul was about to hit a curve if he did not do what he did.
    Really?!?! That's not what I heard in the local news. I'm going to look into that, but that won't change my opinion. People die in car accidents all the time and that's a fact. Knowing that won't stop me from driving and riding in a car. Besides, Williams survived! Maybe Hollywood can make a movie about his life.

Comment

Since gas is so expensive I was considering buying a bike. There were several threads about this topic and the posters who have bikes like Ric gave me good insight on where to start and how to have everything ready and done. I was 85% sure I was getting one I even had cash already.

As soon as I heard what happened to Paul Williams I have decided I won't get a bike and I advice posters who have bikes or want to get a bike to reconsider. You may be all for safety but other drivers are reckless and don't respect bike riders the way they should be.
      Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
      you know what else is dangerous? boxing
      You know what else is dangerous?? getting out of bed.....crossing the street....driving to work....flying to visit friends and family.....eating a grape....PLAYING CALL OF DUTY.......(http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...90-501465.html)

My point is ....there is "danger" all around us....but you can't let that dictate how you gonna live your life!!!! at least I wont....I refuse to live my life in fear that's not how I do me.....but hey maybe that's just me....

and lemme tell ya dawgy there is no better feeling than the open road and a beast of a machine taking you down it ...just sayin.....

Comment

F UCK It, I changed my mind again I will get one.

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
        You know what else is dangerous?? getting out of bed.....crossing the street....driving to work....flying to visit friends and family.....eating a grape....PLAYING CALL OF DUTY.......(http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...90-501465.html)

My point is ....there is "danger" all around us....but you can't let that dictate how you gonna live your life!!!! at least I wont....I refuse to live my life in fear that's not how I do me.....but hey maybe that's just me....

and lemme tell ya dawgy there is no better feeling than the open road and a beast of a machine taking you down it ...just sayin.....

Comment

Yes he survived hopefully he will be able to walk again, there is a 10% chance of him walking but it's up to his body.

Originally posted by GeorgiaRED View Post
          Really?!?! That's not what I heard in the local news. I'm going to look into that, but that won't change my opinion. People die in car accidents all the time and that's a fact. Knowing that won't stop me from driving and riding in a car. Besides, Williams survived! Maybe Hollywood can make a movie about his life.

Comment

If you have kids Mr. Nopal don't risk it. Yes like everyone pointed out, there is danger in everything but some things bring more danger than others.

driving a car is not the same as driving a motor-bike. The bigger the car the more protection you get. It's not the same to swim in a pool with a fish as to swim in a pool that has a crocodile living in it.

Originally posted by cactusEG View Post
            I almost got a bike CBR600 back in 08. Had talked to this dude for 2weeks about buying it from him. The end of the week I was going to the bank to get the money. The same day I was going to buy it, I had lost my job. Blessing in disguise

Comment

F UCK It, I changed my mind again I will get one.
              Damn, that was quick.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post

yeah, that was the point i kind of was getting at it but i didn't feel like typing it all out, haha. there's danger in everyday life, but that doesn't mean it should stop you from enjoying different things in life. i have yet to get my motorcycle license, but only riding one in an alley was fun as heck. can't wait til i'm able to scoop one up myself and take it on the roads. all my friends love their bikes, and i can see why. a couple accidents shouldn't change one's opinion of it though.

also, wasn't it a bad driver that didn't see williams on his bike the reason he had to change lanes and ended up crashing? some messed up stuff. i hope that driver pays for not paying attention to others on the road.

Comment

i will admit bikes are fun but extremely dangerous. Seen alot of people get hurt during the summer......

Comment

Working...
                  X