No announcement yet.

Did not get Garcia's explanation on the press conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    /\ /\ /\ /\ pThese kids are from the street, it's the same way i grew up. Not proud of it but it doesn't mean they are bad kids, just rough kids that need to be strong to survive in the world they live in.

I think it's wrong what Marg and Rios did but I also think it's just trying to get back at Roach anyway they know how. Roach has talked a lot of trash (even fro him) in this fight and I'm sure it's gotten under Garcia's and Marg's skin a little bit.

It was wrong and I also think it was a low life thing to do but at the same time, I also think that if you don't want to be talked about, then you yourself should keep your mouth shut.

Sooner or later someone is going to bring something up that everyone thinks is off limits.
    Agree about kids.

Kids are kids.

García is certainly NOT a kid. Margarito either. Brandon is immature, but not a kid.

Comment

Like my football coach once said, "Act like you've been there before."

These guys are not big time.

Be a professional, respect boxing (see Ali), and play the media game.

They wouldn't know it if it hit them, and this is why they will lose. That mental approach and culture will usually never find it's way to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        They're definitely really nice kids, but on some level it reflects poorly on Garcia and his gym to have them running around talking like that. However, he did have them apologize. At the end of the day, maybe he's not used to having all this attention and rolling cameras. But under the spotlight, you have to be extra careful to be super P C. Otherwise everyone will flip out on you. It's just the way it is..
        I understand but at the same time you can also say that at least Garcia isn't a hypocrite and is what he is. Garcia didn't make those kids that way, the streets did, believe that. I think what Garcia is doing there is great and I think the one to blame for this is Eli Setbach (sp?) and video taping everything going on in there. Garcia should have rolled that back a little.

Originally posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
        Agree about kids.

Kids are kids.

García is certainly NOT a kid. Margarito either. Brandon is immature, but not a kid.
        I understand but I was talking about those kids.

Comment

Originally posted by shekwan View Post
          Like my football coach once said, "Act like you've been there before."

These guys are not big time.

Be a professional, respect boxing (see Ali), play the media game.

They wouldn't know it if it hit them, this is why they will lose. That mental approach and culture usually never finds it's way to the top.
          Bunch of BS you just typed.

Bad guys never win? Is this your logic?

See OJ Simpson, Terrell Owens, Brandon Marshall, Lawrence Taylor....and the list goes on. I agree it's not good tobe that way in life but the truth is in sports, it makes no difference.

What matters is talent and the way our society is, that's what's more important.

Comment

Yes I did get it, and I agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
              Garcia however made them apologize for this. Although at some point, a lot of dirty laundry is being aired around that gym. I wonder if the final 24/7 will expose some of this stuff:
              my god....kids these days...

Comment

I understand but at the same time you can also say that at least Garcia isn't a hypocrite and is what he is. Garcia didn't make those kids that way, the streets did, believe that. I think what Garcia is doing there is great and I think the one to blame for this is Eli Setbach (sp?) and video taping everything going on in there. Garcia should have rolled that back a little.

I don't doubt he has good intentions and is doing great stuff, but it doesn't appear he was prepared from a PR perspective to have cameras on him 24/7(pun intended.) On this sort of stage, everything is scrutinized. While individually, none of his infractions are all that serious. In totality it sort of reflects poorly. At the end of the day, his future will really be decided by whether or not Margarito wins Saturday. In the meantime, boxing fans will continue chomping at the bit and b*tching about and over analyzing everything in anticipation of the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
                  Is it just me or did he actually said that it's not against Parkinson's victims, but a personal thing between the camps?

So I guess it's ok because they are mocking ONLY Roach's Parkinson's??!?!?!?!

Twisted logic at best.

All i can say about Roach is this! People who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.
                  Last edited by pistol whip; 11-10-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Bunch of BS you just typed.

Bad guys never win? Is this your logic?

See OJ Simpson, Terrell Owens, Brandon Marshall, Lawrence Taylor....and the list goes on. I agree it's not good tobe that way in life but the truth is in sports, it makes no difference.

What matters is talent and the way our society is, that's what's more important.

And did anyone come out and say they were the ones at fault for OJ simpson or LT??

Not the same thing my friend and I thought you were a smarter poster.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                      All i can say about Roach is this! People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.
                      when has Roach ever attack someone over something they had no control over? ie, Race, Sexuality, Disability etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X