Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maloney Says Flintoff's Green Light To Box is a Disgrace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maloney Says Flintoff's Green Light To Box is a Disgrace

Former England cricketer Andrew Flintoff's licence to fight as a pro heavyweight gives boxing a bad name, says a promoter.

The chairman of the British Boxing board should be sacked for granting former English cricket captain Andrew Flintoff a professional licence to fight, claims a high-profile promoter.

Frank Maloney said 34-year-old Flintoff's maiden bout on November 30 is an insult to the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well the question is....If he wasn't famous, then would he have been granted a professional license?
    Would they have granted me one if I had randomly decided to go pro with no experience.

Maloney doesn't half come across as a bitter t*at though. The show will likely be a sell out, it's bringing in money and bringing attention to boxing, Flintoff is a likeable and well known British figure, he may get people who had no interest in boxing beforehand, interested in it now.

He's showing the balls to get into the ring, so lets give him some credit for that eh?

Comment

Maloney is a dwarf rat with Darren Sutherlands blood on his hands, but he has a point. Flintoff will be destroyed within seconds.

Comment

I thought this was a publicity stunt, I didnt know he was actually fight at pro level. Well i have to agree with Maloney then, They actually gave flintoff a licence? Disgraceful...

Comment

a couple of years ago Rugby Player Sonny Bill Williams got a pro license with no experience whatsoever.

at least he was in shape

his OPPONENT was Auckland Builder Gary Gurr who had never been in a fight in his life and had no athletic aptitude or experience, and was swiftly stopped after eating Williams' ridiculous hail mary shots for a few minutes.

Point being, this is nothing new

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
            Well the question is....If he wasn't famous, then would he have been granted a professional license?
            Would they have granted me one if I had randomly decided to go pro with no experience.

Maloney doesn't half come across as a bitter t*at though. The show will likely be a sell out, it's bringing in money and bringing attention to boxing, Flintoff is a likeable and well known British figure, he may get people who had no interest in boxing beforehand, interested in it now.

He's showing the balls to get into the ring, so lets give him some credit for that eh?
            Do we know who he is fighting?

Comment

Why is that phag hating? good for flintoff. I'll be watching.

Comment

Working...
              X