No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Povetkin Could Be in Play For Early 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Povetkin Could Be in Play For Early 2013

The World Boxing Association is going to make a push for their two heavyweight champions, Wladimir Klitschko (58-3, 50KOs) and Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs), to fight each other in the first quarter of 2013.

Wladimir, who also holds the WBO/IBF/IBO titles, will defend his belts against undefeated Mariusz Wach on November 10th in Hamburg. Wladimir is the WBA's "super champion" at heavyweight, while Povetkin is the "regular" champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Believe it when I see it.....

Comment

Its time to meet your destiny.You thought old man river was your ally?

Comment

Povetkin's wife>>>

Comment

The WBA's two heavyweight champions sounds as ridiculous as it actually is.

Comment

funny how Povetkin as regular champ is Wlad's mandatory
            yet he's the one who's been ducking the fight
            Wlad will kill him as long as Povetkin shows up
            just hope he fights to win instead of running scared

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
              The WBA's two heavyweight champions sounds as ridiculous as it actually is.
              Its just as bad as Butterbean's 3 round championship belt, or the WBC diamond belt.

Povetkin is looking for a way out of this one. I guarantee it.

Comment

it wasn't a duck

povetkin didn't duck wlad as teddy atlas gave up $250000(10% of povetkin's purse)to make sure his fighter was ready. he got him in the back door with this regular champ bs. they have 20 months to invoke their mandatory or be stripped so sauerland & povetkin milked every possible cent out of the ridiculous "regular"belt & now have no choice but to face wlad or be stripped & sent to the back of the line again. he got 3 7 digit checks out of that false title so now it's time to cash in. this was all business as povetkin could have easily taken on wlad after he beat chagaev but boxing in europe doesn't work that way. they milk belts for every little cent they can get. sauerland has been doing this forever. valuev's title defences vs barrett, owen beck, mccline(who had a chance but hurt his knee). lebedev did the same thing with his regular title by fighting old men like toney & roy jones. huck had a couple of softies vs brian minto & Now arslan. this is a common theme amongst eastern european fighters & promoters. can't blame them for making as much money as they can but it's been going on for years.

Comment

So theyve milked Povetkin for aslong as they can and are throwing him to the wolves now I see.

Povetkin takes a severe beating from Wvlad. If he was a more cautious boxer like Ibrag he may have stood a chance of making it through 12 whilst Wvlad feinted and pawed at him but given his style he will just be beaten up, on the end of that left hand all night and humilated in a 1 sided fight.

I wonder if the WBA will give Povetkin some other title after he loses and declare Wvlad super dooper champ.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
                    So theyve milked Povetkin for aslong as they can and are throwing him to the wolves now I see.

Povetkin takes a severe beating from Wvlad. If he was a more cautious boxer like Ibrag he may have stood a chance of making it through 12 whilst Wvlad feinted and pawed at him but given his style he will just be beaten up, on the end of that left hand all night and humilated in a 1 sided fight.

I wonder if the WBA will give Povetkin some other title after he loses and declare Wvlad super dooper champ.
                    Povetkin would get stopped, i'm sure of it.

Not just because Wlad would pelt him with the jab and an occasional right hand, but because he doesn't have the stamina to run for 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X