Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 28 years old. 6ft and 180lbs in great physical shape.. could calderon hurt me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by da_beast View Post
    I picked those 2 particular boxers because they aren't renowned punchers... I have a decent chin and mentally I'm the most stubborn single minded person I know.. I would have to be carried out on a streatcher before anyone beat me.. I'm pretty certain that no one at 5ft and 7 stone lighter than me isn't knocking me out... Malignaggi might get me out of there on accumulated punishment but I thought that with a 4 stone weight advantage and a highly bigger muscle mass I would have a decent punchers chance against him... Everyone seems to disagree with me so I must be wrong... But again I find it very unlikely that a 5ft 104lbs guy floors me
    yet you're to scared to have an actual fight? you've sparred for a few tears so you want to box but you're afraid. otherwise you'd have a fight by now. malanaggi would hurt you bad. he has ko's against pros and your not that big. Iknow guys he beat and there not *******. you wouldn't even be able to hit him. you're living in fantasy land. grow some balls and have a fight yourself. you might change your opinion.

Comment

• Since i posted this thread i spent 8 months at a pro boxers gym and sparred a few guys who are currently turning pro and a lot who were decent amateurs. None of whom are as small as calderon then again none of them are as technically good as calderon but i still stand bye my original statement that calderon wouldnt ko me. He is the size of a 12 year old boy and cant ko guys his own weight.

Im not disrespecting Calderon as he was a greeat champion but he is tiny. He doesnt have the reach to get inside imo and hurt me without me pushing him back with a jab or a lead right or even steping back out of range.

Paulie would stop me in 1 or 2 rounds but i doubt calderon does..

Comment

• also in those 8 months ive never been dropped in sparring and fought guys who are up to 6 foot 4" and outweighed me by 2-3 stone...

I have been hurt a few times but not enough to go down and i always recovered enough to get the jab off and back up and compose myself against some big hitters

Comment

• I would KO you. I am 5' 8" 150lbs, you'd outweigh me and have the height advantage but i'm used to sparring guys your same exact size/height, and even bigger. Heaviest guy I sparred was 230lbs back when I was 130lbs, he knocked me down twice but both times were "glove grazing the canvas" kind of KD's, I broke his lip. He did hurt me pretty bad though, left my ear ringing for a week. After him I didn't pass sparring guys 210lbs. I actually don't spar anymore and haven't done so in 4 years, but I am confident I would KO you and you wouldn't hurt me or KD me.. 6' 180lbs is nothing, you'd be a snack.

Comment

• Are you thinking about stealing Calderon's woman?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I would KO you. I am 5' 8" 150lbs, you'd outweigh me and have the height advantage but i'm used to sparring guys your same exact size/height, and even bigger. Heaviest guy I sparred was 230lbs back when I was 130lbs, he knocked me down twice but both times were "glove grazing the canvas" kind of KD's, I broke his lip. He did hurt me pretty bad though, left my ear ringing for a week. After him I didn't pass sparring guys 210lbs. I actually don't spar anymore and haven't done so in 4 years, but I am confident I would KO you and you wouldn't hurt me or KD me.. 6' 180lbs is nothing, you'd be a snack.
              lol your 5'8 and calderon is what 5 foot lol. and minimum weight. I understand your being facetious but calderon stopped 6 guys his own height and weight out of what? about 40? Thats 115lbs.

Comment

• We are similar size TS and I have some experience training and sparring and am in good shape, but not fighting shape I am a weight lifter and into general fitness. I don't think Calderon would ko you or me either for that matter but I would be worried about going 12 because sparring 3 full 3 minute rounds at a good pace is pretty tiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by valero View Post
                  Are you thinking about stealing Calderon's woman?
                  lol no. but it was a discussion i had with friends a while back and they were saying calderon would ko me and i dont think he would. I mean there is always a chance in boxing but i wouldnt even wanna spar a guy at 5ft as i feel it would b a liberty. There are reasons why there are weight divisions in boxing

Comment

• I find this thread impossible to take serious. OP is an untrained bum, with absolutely zero experience. He probably has never taken a punch to the face and operates off theories from his own egotistical mind. I bet in his world he could step in with Adonis Stevenson and it would be a case of whoever lands first is winning. Reality is a lot different to your own fantasy land. Stick to playing video games and being a champion to only yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_beast View Post
                      Having a discussion and my opinion is that the 1ft and 80lbs weight advantage is way too much... I have a few years of sparring behind me but no amateur or professional pedigree...

Also what about Mallignagi? I think he would UD me but I doubt he would KO me.. I think there is more chance of me KO'ing him than him KO'ing me as I think 4 stone is too much to give away to someone in good shape and with a decent boxing knowledge and fundamentals
                      If you are talking about a boxing match, you would be paired up with someone your own weight, around 175 lb. light heavyweight division. So, yes, Kovalev would kill you. Why are you picking fights with 105 and 147 lb. fighters?

Comment

Working...
                      X