Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many fighters has NSAC caught "BEFORE" the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    no they dont............when they catch you the damage has been done
    You would think NSAC would be doing something about it, but based on the last 15 years, I guess they're just content with catching crooks after the damage has been done.

This is who we're suppose to "let handle" the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      You joined in Dec 2009 and you never saw any of those probably hundreds of threads?

You're like 3 years late with this stuff
      i remember when i first joined in september 2009 it was normal, no steroids or ped threads or hordes of may/pac threads nsb was actually normal and alot more laid back....then when pac/cotto happened thats when the shit really hit the fan and all the non stop spamming began

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=50621

Once again, the great "commission" does it's job and finds a fighter guilty after the fight

Thank goodness it was only Coke instead of PED's; Broner would've been in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          You would think NSAC would be doing something about it, but based on the last 15 years, I guess they're just content with catching crooks after the damage has been done.

This is who we're suppose to "let handle" the situation.
          cause if they catch them before.they dont get paid off of the revenue the fight generates............

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=50621

Once again, the great "commission" does it's job and finds a fighter guilty after the fight

Thank goodness it was only Coke instead of PED's; Broner would've been in trouble.
            hell he was probably hitting lines with the head of the damn commission

Comment

cause if they catch them before.they dont get paid off of the revenue the fight generates............
              I understand that, but from a fighter's POV, that's a pretty crappy outlook.

The commission is saying, "We need you guys to go get your head punched in by this roided up animal for 36 minutes so we can get paid. Don't worry, if you get KO'd, we'll change your KO loss to a No Contest to make it right afterwards".

And this is who the Pac fans want us to put our trust in when they say "Let the commission handle it and do their jobs".

That's rather funny if you ask me.

Comment

hell he was probably hitting lines with the head of the damn commission
                You're a funny guy, Larry lol

Comment

This is an honest question.

I've heard of NSAC catching fighters for having banned substances in their system after they've already had their way with their opponents. Of course the KO/TKO/UD victory will be changed to No Contest. But what good is that really doing?

What's the point of taking punishment from someone who has illegal substances in their blood, only for the fight to be overturned after the damage has already been done?

There's a whole list of fighters in MMA and boxing that weren't caught until "after" the fight. This is a problem

I can understand why a fighter would want to make sure a fighter is 100% clean before they lace em up. NSAC's sole purpose is to protect the fighters. You can't protect someone by catching the crook after the crime's already taken place.

I'm not sure how many people USADA has caught "before" the fight, but I can't help but to think that when athletes know testing will be full force, I would think they stop taking the illegal supplements in fear of getting caught. Maybe this explains why USADA doesn't have the greatest track record of catching athletes before the fight, because the athletes aren't doing anything illegal because they know they can't beat the system. That's my opinion of course.

Also, due to the expensive cost of year round OSDT, isn't it hard to implement this testing for the whole year?

In my opinion, even though Mayweather's version of OSDT isn't the real OSDT (according to Victor Conte), it's still better than the old fashion "catch a fighter after the fight" NSAC method.
                  Accoring to Freddie Roach...there is no blood testing for HGH

Comment

So its a conspiracy to let fighters cheat to get revenue for the upcoming bout & they would prefer to catch them after all the money has rolled in?

Hmm no wonder Mayweather wants fighters tested during training camps.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                      i remember when i first joined in september 2009 it was normal, no steroids or ped threads or hordes of may/pac threads nsb was actually normal and alot more laid back....then when pac/cotto happened thats when the shit really hit the fan and all the non stop spamming began
                      You are correct...and then at the end of 2009...Freddie Roach did an interview with Dave Tyler from dog house boxing.com

DT - Fred, I have a graduate's degree in Biochemistry and 30 years experience in developing blood chemistry tests.......I'll leave it alone, let's move forward.

FR - No wait, you can't tell me that there is a test that can detect HGH or growth hormones.

DT - Fred, I'm not here to make you mad.

FR - I'm not mad, I'm telling you that you are wrong if you think there is a test for HGH.

DT - Ok Fred, so you are saying that HGH cannot be detected by a blood test?

FR - Absolutely, 100%, NO! Saliva, blood, or urine.

DT - Freddie, please let's move on. Do you believe that this controversy is a result of the spectacular victory over Miguel Cotto where Manny looked super human?

FR - Mayweather is just scared.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Tyler123009.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X