No announcement yet.

Chris John To Become Super Champ, Gamboa Elevated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris John To Become Super Champ, Gamboa Elevated

BoxingScene.com has learned from several sources that featherweight champion Chris John is going to bumped up to the status of "super champion" by the WBA. I've heard that a ceremony, involving Oscar De La Hoya and WBA president Gilbert Mendoza Jr, is likely to take place prior to Saturday's Victor Ortiz-Marcos Maidana headliner at Staples Center in California. [details]

Cool I guess.....

Comment

You get awarded super champ when you pull out? Kewl.
      Last edited by Bhopreign; 06-26-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
        You get awarded super champ when you pull out? Cool.
        It's just the suits at the WBA showing us just how big their nuts are and how little respect they have for the fans.

Comment

Super .......................

John should have lost his title to Marquez during his reign, so he's no super champ to me. More like a German highly-protected Champ.

Comment

WBA is str8 ridiculous.

Comment

The WBA is like termites. I heard a poster above mention that John shouldn't be a super champ because of the gift decision he got over JMM. I agree 100%. People complain about John getting ripped off against Rocky Juarez, but I thought Juarez won that fight myself. All the damage in the fight was done by Juarez other than the cut Rocky got over his eye. The punches that John landed were of the grazing variety and Rocky landed all the body punches. I'm just not a fan of olympic boxing.

Comment

Lol....i love Gamboa, but it sucks being a champion that way.
                And why suddenly Chris John is super champion, coming of a draw??
                And whats the point of being super champion anyway...more money for WBA i guess...they can have twice as world champions compared to the other belts.

Comment

So when is Valuev going to become a superchamp, maybe Ruiz will get some kind of belt due to his whining. Maybe they should make the winner of Khan - Kotelnik superchamp as well

At this rate the WBA will certainly become the richest sanctioning body

Comment

JMM i thougt i'm the super champ beating pacquiao and chris john

Comment

Working...
                    X