Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people excited for Mayweather-Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
    Its just very dissapointing. Less than a week ago or so, Mayweather turned down Pacquiao because he was on vacation and 'not interested' in boxing. Within a week after hes already in talks with Cotto for a fight (according to rumors). What kind of **** is that? Less money and less interest. Its a pointless fight. He'll gets a belt at 154 but he doesn't care about that so this fight is rather ****. Stylistically its interesting but there are so many other options that this is just a dissapointment. A few years ago this would've been a great fight, but its too late. Mayweathers cuts him up and stops him.
    mayweather basically said, take the test and we'll make the fight. pacquiao's terms put restrictions on that testing.

make no mistake, it was the pride and arrogance of mayweather AND pacquiao that "turned down" that fight.

cotto made it clear when the issue first arose that he would take the test. that roadblock won't stall this fight...though arum still might.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
      there is no way in hell this fight will happen
      i bet u said the same thing 5-6 months ago, then after pbf toyed with mosley, u have created this new account.

am i right or am i right ?

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
        any time the top practitioners of your sport perform, it is a reason for celebration.

just about everyone on any pound for pound list are fighting to close out the rest of this year. floyd supposably in december, manny in november, they're trying to get paul williams in in october, chad dawson in august, martinez with paul, jmm next week, montiel in november against donaire, ect.

people need to stop with the hate and realize that floyd fighting is infinitely better for boxing than him sitting on the sidelines. the better his fights do, the better boxing is percieved, the more money available to pay for the fights you want to see.
        I like this post a lot. Most people on boxingscene are way too stuck up and forget to actually enjoy boxing...I hope everyone enjoys the rest of this years boxing 4real

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
          I like this post a lot. Most people on boxingscene are way too stuck up and forget to actually enjoy boxing...I hope everyone enjoys the rest of this years boxing 4real
          That even includes CungLe and Treason1.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            How, because he lost 2 fights?

Maybe with Manny in his corner and him finally having a real world class trainer he actually has a better chance now then back in 07.

There is nothing wrong with this fight, Cotto is a world class guy.
            Yes. He didn't just lose, he was brutally stopped over 11 and 12 rounds respectively. I believe fighters can bounce back if they're strong enough mentally but his scar tissue won't help, he'll get cut bad. Also although fighters can bounce back, I'm not sure if Cotto will, at least not yet. I think Cotto is awesome and I like the guy but its highly unlikely that hes going to win unfortunately. I picked Foreman against him so I'm certainly picking Mayweather against him.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
              i bet u said the same thing 5-6 months ago, then after pbf toyed with mosley, u have created this new account.

am i right or am i right ?
              arum and floydie hate eachother too much to make this fight happen . and what are you talking about !!!!! i picked kfc to beat sugar shane . and i think he will beat that idiot cotto !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
                That even includes CungLe and Treason1.
                dont be mad because me & the homie crungle keeps destroying you *****s

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
                  dont be mad because me & the homie crungle keeps destroying you *****s
                  damn str8 treason. I believe one time I stupidly questioned one of your classic posts and you told me that "if you step into the lions den you gonna get mauled" those are words of pure a genius like your good self.

Comment

It's all hypothetical. If the fight happens, why not be excited? It just ain't for sure yet. I don't think it will happen, but it's a credible fight if it does. say what you want about Cotto but he'll give it a shot if they meet.

Comment

Working...
                    X